Search for content in message boards

Sarah Bass Eells of Hanover, Plymouth, Mass.

Replies: 1

Sarah Bass Eells of Hanover, Plymouth, Mass.

Posted: 6 Aug 2010 2:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BASS EELLS TOLMAN
I am trying to find a reference for the 10 Sep 1854 date of death for Sarah Bass Eells. She was born 14 Dec 1778 in Hanover, Mass. of Benjamin and Mercy Tolman BASS. She married Joseph EELLS on 25 Nov 1802 and is documented as his widow living in Hanover "... in the old Dillingham house" in the book, "A Historical Sketch of the Town of Hanover, Mass., with Family Genealogies" by John S. Barry in 1853. I cannot find a record of her death in any of the standard vital or church records or cemetery transcriptions, yet there seems to be a consensus that her death was 10 Sep 1854. (Or everyone on ancestry.com is just copying without verifying the source.)

If anyone can forward me a source citation, will probate, land transfer, or a picture of her gravestone, I would really appreciate it. She is supposedly buried in the Old Cemetery in Hanover Centre. I do have a record of her husband's death by a tombstone transcription entry in the book "Old Cemeteries of Southeastern Massachutsetts" compiled and published in 1995 by the Middleborough [Massachusetts] Public Library from the records of Charles M. Thatcher in the late 1880s. I do not have the opportunity to travel to Massachusetts in the near future and I hope someone can assist me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ArthurPetrucc... 6 Aug 2010 8:32PM GMT 
ArthurPetrucc... 22 Aug 2010 1:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic