Search for content in message boards

William Augustus F. Ehrhardt

Replies: 19

Re: William Augustus F. Ehrhardt

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 2:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
In the back of my mind, I have Bernhardt and Claire having four children; for which I have not yet gathered proof. My records have Clarence Theodore Sr. and Joan and I see here we have Isle (Ottilis?) that is a new name for me.

The source is likely hearsay from one of my mother's siblings but my understanding is that Bernhardt and Claire had four children, returned to Germany, then two of the children stayed there while two returned to the U.S. The returning two would be Clarence and Joan.

I've ample proof of Clarence's return and residency here. There is a Joan Ehrhardt who shows up in 1911, travelling from Bremen to Charleston with a declared nationality of U.S.A. I am thinking this is likely Clarence's sibling but it requires a lot more research before I'll stamp it proved.

Our family story has always been that Bernhardt and Claire met and fell in love on a ship from Germany to here. I believe I've found proof of that incident through a Hamburg passenger record of a ship named Suevia travelling to the U.S. 02 October 1887 -- she is listed as "Clara" but I believe this to be her -- I seem to recall poking at the dates for the confidence in that resource although I do not remember what I used to back that confidence.

I've tried a few times to get messages through to Brigitte Leonhardy with no success. I'm so thrilled to see that someone else has the information from her. My grandfather passed away before he passed on the history that was in his head. So many clues were lost.

I hope this finds all of you well, and that it helps fill in those trees.

/Marian.

FWIW: The "C" in my name stands for Claire, which has occurred as a middle name in three generations of Claire Ruhland Ehrhardt's grand daughters.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sigcat 2 Dec 2010 1:25AM GMT 
a_desaussure 4 Dec 2010 8:46PM GMT 
sigcat 5 Dec 2010 3:42AM GMT 
a_desaussure 5 Dec 2010 9:49AM GMT 
marianneclair... 21 Jan 2012 9:00PM GMT 
marianneclair... 21 Jan 2012 9:01PM GMT 
dcunze 27 Feb 2013 4:17PM GMT 
sigcat 3 Mar 2013 4:15PM GMT 
dcunze 27 Feb 2013 4:14PM GMT 
wmnvet72 30 Nov 2010 11:30PM GMT 
per page