Hello Emore Researchers...
I am searching for additional information on this Emore family. It would be especially helpful if anyone knows the maiden names of the females shown within the following census records! Thanking you in advance for your help...
* 1880; Census Place: New York (Manhattan), New York City-Greater, New York; Roll: T9_872; Family History Film: 1254872; Page: 297.2000; Enumeration District: 122; Image: 0296.
Dwelling 25/Family 69
Klingshmidt, Philip - w,m,30,(head),Bavaria,Bavaria,Bavaria
Immoor, Henry - w,m,27,boarder,Hanover,Hanover,Hanover
Williams, Thomas - w,m,32,boarder,Ireland,Ireland,Ireland
The three gentlemen live at 78 Varick Street & all share the occupation of Shoemaker.
* New York Petitions for Naturalization
Name: Heinrich Imoor
Naturalization Date: 27 Sep 1880
Former Nationality: Emperor of Germany
Title and Location of Court: Superior Court, New York County
Record Number: 39
* 1900; Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 20, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: T623 1461; Page: 5A; Enumeration District: 410.
Emore, Henry - head,w,m,Jan,1853,47,Germany,Germ,Germ (shoemaker)
Mary - wife,w,f,July,1863,36,Germany,Germ,Germ
Minnie - dau,w,f,May,1891,9,Pennsylvania,Germany,Germ (at school)
Anna - dau,w,f,July,1892,7,Pennsylvania,Germany,Germ (at school)
Lizzie - dau,w,f,Sep,1898,1,Pennsylvania,Germany,Germ
not legible - boarder... index reads "Alfred Bowman - 28 yrs"
* 1910; Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 20, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: T624_1394; Page: 5A; Enumeration District: 337; Image: 121.
Dwelling 80/Family 97
Immor, Hendrick - head,m,w,57,Germany,Germany,Germany (shoe maker/shoe store)
Mary - wife,f,w,46,Austria,Austria,Austria
(Hendrick married 1x; Mary 2 x's; both 19 yrs; Mary 7 children/6 living)
Stein, Mary - step dau,f,w,24,Hung/German,same,Austria/German (waitress/restaurant)
Immoor, Annie - dau,f,w,17,Pa,Germany,Austria (sewer/button factory)
Immoor, Hary - son,m,w,9,Pa,Germany,Austria
Immoor, John - son,m,w,7,Pa,Germany,Austria
Immoor, Agnes - dau,f,w,4,Pa,Germany,Austria
Stein, Frank - nephew,m,w,23,Hungary?/German, same,Austria/German (candy maker/factory)
Stein, George - step/son,m,w,6,Pa,???,Austria/German
The family lives at 931 Jessup Street.
Deb's note: The enumerator has butchered the birth country for Mary M. in the Census below but it is believed to be Austria!
* 1920;Census Place: Philadelphia Ward 20, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Roll: T625_1616; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 448; Image: 606.
Dwelling 18/Family 21
Emore, Henry H - head,m,w,67,Germany,Germany,Germany (shoe maker/at home)
Mary M - wife,f,w,56,Astorfser?,Astorfser?,Astorfser?
Anna K - dau,f,w,26,Pa,Germany,Astorfser? (button finisher/button factory)
Harry J - son,m,w,19,Pa,Germany,Astorfser? (machinist/locomotive works)
John H - son,m,w,17,Pa,Germany,Astorfser? (bookkeeper/railroad)
Agnes V. - dau,f,w,13,Pa,Germany,Astorfser?
The family owns their home on Jessup Street through mortgage. Henry immigrated about 1871 and Mary about 1884.