I have some information on the Esfords of Buffalo, NY for anyone interested.
Thomas Esford & Rose Ann Johnston of Pittsburgh Twp, Frontenac, Ontario, Canada had 6 sons. Five of them lived in Buffalo, NY for at least part of their lives. Some of them had offspring who settled permanently in Buffalo, starting the Esford line in upper NY State. A little info about the sons:
1) William, b. abt 1846 Ontario, Canada. Married Ellen ___ in Canada. Had 6 children. He was working as a peddler in Buffalo in 1880. No death info yet.
2) Thomas, b. abt 1850 Ontario, Canada. Married Annie Quinn. and had 4 children. He was working as a peddler in Buffalo in 1880. Died in Buffalo bef 1900.
3) Robert, b. abt 1854 Ontario, Canada. Married 1st, in Canada, Jessie Ann Dick who died after birth of daughter. Married 2nd, in 1885 in Canada, Elizabeth Duffe. They were living in Buffalo by time of 1900 US Census where Robert is listed as an unemployed train worker. They had 5 children who lived and 4 stillborn. He died Aug 1920 in Ontario, Canada.
4) Henry, b. abt 1855 Ontario, Canada Married Sarah Ann Battan. Worked as a river boat captain on the St. Lawrence river. Looks like he never lived in Buffalo with his brothers. He died in 1928 in Ontario, Canada.
5) James, b. 1858 in Barriefield, Ontario, Canada. Was living in Buffalo in 1880 with oldest brother William and working as a peddler. Moved back to Ontario, Canada where he married Mary Ann Duffe in 1884 and had 4 children. Died in Kingston, Ontario, Canada in 1929.
6) John, b. abt 1860 in Ontario, Canada. Was living in Buffalo in 1880 with oldest brother William and working as a peddler. Moved back to Canada and married 1st Mary Moore. John married 2nd Ellen Duffe. They had 5 children who lived, one died in infancy and 4 stillborn. Married 3rd Christina Blake. Living in Pittsburg, Ontario, Canada in 1911. No death info yet.
There is more information. Please ask questions. Or reply with additions or corrections. Thanks!