Search for content in message boards

Samuel Ethridge from North Carolina

Replies: 1

Samuel Ethridge from North Carolina

Posted: 25 Sep 2006 6:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Oct 2006 3:43PM GMT
Surnames: Ethridge, Beck, Scott
Samuel Ethridge (Etheridge) was my great-great-great grandfather. Census reports, as well as family members, state that he came from North Carolina, and so did his parents. I would dearly love to "find" him. I find info from an 1850 census report from Decatur, Georgia and an 1850 marriage certificate from the same county stating his marriage to Sarah Goodwin on29 Apr 1850. In the 1850 census report he is 34 and Sarah is 32. There are kids listed, but they are to old to be Samuel and Sarah's as they married on 29 Apr 1850. The kids are James 12, Arlenas 11, Ann 7, Martha 5, Nancy 3, Susan 13, and John 1. Sarah and the children are all shown as being born in Georgia. Samuel & Sarah do have children as stated in the 1860 census: Enoch 9, Frances 5, & Isaac 6 months. On this census he lives in Jackson Co., Florida. I've found a marriage certificate date on 21 Apr 1863 where he marries Sarah Ann Scott. In the 1870 census he is living in Calhoun Co, FL with his children Enoch, Isaac & Frances. In the 1880 census he lives with his daughter, Martha, and her husband, William H. Beck, in Abe Springs, Calhoun Co., FL. He is lsited as a widower. I am looking for Samuel, where he came from and what happened to him, as well as any of the other family members. I know about his son, Isaac Samuel, and the lineage there. He is my great-great grandfather. Any info is greatly appreciated!!! Ellen Ethridge Hulbert
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
EllenHulbert5... 26 Sep 2006 12:05AM GMT 
TerryEtheridg... 18 Oct 2010 4:11AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions