Search for content in message boards

Maxcey EWELL / Ann MULLENS -- of Virginia

Replies: 5

Maxcey EWELL / Ann MULLENS -- of Virginia

Posted: 18 Apr 2006 8:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a decendent of Maxcey Ewell who married Ann Mullens in 1769. It is clear through research that Maxcey does not descend through the Ewells of Virginia (Charles and descendents.) As I look at the Ewell Surname and its variations in the Goochland and surrounding counties during this period (1690 to 1760). The only Virginia Ewell I find is Bertrand who is a 100-plus miles away. Without getting into great detail, I find the following:

Thomas Yuille of Scotland (Chesterfield Co.,)
Thomas Yuille Jr. (Chesterfield Co., Cumberland)
John Yuille (Goochland)
George Yuille (Chesterfield)
Widdow Youell 1690 (Hanover)
Francis Yeule 1687 (Henrico)
Francis Youle (Henrico) (Has a daughter Mary, Elisabeth, and Slave Daniel)
Thomas Exell 1641 (Charles City)

A couple other clues, The father of Ann Mullens is John Mullens who I believe is a Huguenot, based on research I have done within the Huguenot of Manakintown library and related resources. Maxey is a strong Huguenot name. Everything I find points to Maxcey Ewell being a descendent of one of the Yuille’s above or he immigrated to the area.

QUESTION 1: Are you a descendent of one of the persons mentioned above? If yes, I would like to share notes and understand your linage.

QUESTION 2: Does Maxcey decent from one of the persons above? If yes what clues do you have?

QUESTION 3: Was any of the above mentioned Yuiulle, Yeule, and Yowell, Excell, or members of their family married to persons from the Huguenot Society? Maxeys?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bj57barry 19 Apr 2006 2:13AM GMT 
liv612 6 Nov 2011 9:25PM GMT 
NancyofVernon... 7 Nov 2011 3:27PM GMT 
liv612 7 Nov 2011 6:04PM GMT 
Alexander Sen... 10 Nov 2011 3:45PM GMT 
NancyofVernon... 11 Nov 2011 3:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic