Search for content in message boards

Fager-Wallaces of PA-Clearfield-Blair-Cambria-Indiana

Replies: 1

Fager-Wallaces of PA-Clearfield-Blair-Cambria-Indiana

diane quinn (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2006 5:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fager-Wallace-Oldham-Mock
I have found more of my Fager family, but I was hoping someone would know more info regarding the following:
Charles J. Fager (1849-1928) immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1888. He lived in Clearfield County with wife, Matilda Anderson (1859-1939) and had the following children:
John ALGOT, Charles (Charley) Reynold, Adolph T. R., Evers and Oliver. (Oh, and Charles/Matilda settled in Madera, PA)
Charles J. Fager had the following siblings, though since I collected the names from his obituary, I don't know the names of others he had survived: Matilda Fager (Anderson) of Minneapolis, MN & Alfred Olson Fager (of Clearfield Co., PA). Charles' granddaughter, Myra Ida Wallace's father was Samuel Steel Blair Wallace (b: 1861) She married ALGOT Fager, and moved to Detroit, Michigan, but one thing that interested me was that a Blair Wallace was living with Adolph Fager in PA in the 1920 census. (Adolph is ALGOT's younger brother) He was listed as 17 years old, and a COUSIN to Adolph. I would love to find out who this child was, as he was most probably named after S.S. Blair Wallace.
I hope someone knows about the Wallace/Fager connection in PA. They mostly lived in the following counties: Blair, Clearfield, Cambria and Indiana. Blair and Clearfield seem to be the most popular areas, but with the coal mining in Cambria, Adolph spent a great deal of his life there.
Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
diane quinn 6 Jun 2006 11:55PM GMT 
charliegus2 24 May 2008 12:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic