Search for content in message boards

William F. Fagg/Appilonia M. Perkins

Replies: 3

Re: William F. Fagg/Appilonia M. Perkins

Posted: 19 Mar 2011 5:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: William F. Fagg/Appilonia Marinda Perkins
Hi Dena:

Thank you for your response, it is very nice to correspond with you. Yes, I'm sure we are talking about the same Appilonia. I know that Appilonia lists herself as being born in MO., but on the 1860 Census her Mother listed her by her middle name Marinda and being born in Kansas territory, which fits with the fact that her father died when she was just short of 2 years old, her Mother returned to MO. to live with her parents when her husband died. She brought her 3 older Perkins children with her, Rudolphus, William, & Appilonia Marinda - her 4th child, daughter Ellen 'Lizzie' Perkins was born in Missouri as were the 3 sons she had with her 2nd husband, James Porter Pallette. Appilonia was raised in Missouri though and her mother was indeed born in Virginia. On the 1860 Census all 4 Perkins children are listed and the older 2 Pallette sons - the family was living in Jackson Co., MO. Sni-a-bar Township, Post Office Pink Hill: under the name of James P. Pallett. I have several pictures of Appilonia's mother, Margaret Ann 'Peggy' (Dickenson) Perkins Pallette, pictures of her grandparents (parents of Margaret 'Peggy'), picture of her brother Rudolphus and sister Ellen 'Lizzie' as well as many pictures of her 1/2 brothers, Joseph (my great grandfather), John, and Charles if you would like to have copies just let me know. Also a bit of info, Appilonia's father, Calvin Perkins was a blacksmith, he & Margaret 'Peggy' were married in Missouri and moved to Kansas Territory soon thereafter & according to the 1860 Census the 3 older Perkins children were born there. I assume that Calvin was buried in Kansas, Margaret 'Peggy' is buried in Mecklin Cemetery (which is located on the land once owned by her & 2nd husband) - also buried in Mecklin Cemetery are her son, William Perkins & his wife, her son, John Pallette and several grandchildren - sons, Rudolphus, Joseph & Charles are buried in Oak Grove Cemetery, just a few miles down the road - Ellen is buried in Kennewick, Benton Co., WA. Margaret's 2nd husband died during the Civil War and is buried in Little Rock, AR. Do you know where Appilonia and William are buried? Do you have any information on the daughter, listed as Dellie on the 1880 Census? - Could this be the daughter that is known as Aplu Laura? or another daughter? - if another daughter, then surely Aplu Laura must have died at a young age. After I read your post I started tracking the other children of Appilonia, but have not found anything on the son, Lee after that Census. I have so many questions and so much data and pictures that I would be happy to share with you - please feel free to contact me direct to my e-mail:
DonLynSell@aol.com

Have a wonderful day,
Distant Cousin, Lynda (Carlson) Sell
P.S. I also have a newspaper article about Margaret 'Peggy' that you would probably be interested in seeing.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
denabowers 21 Jan 2010 11:51PM GMT 
lyndasell 10 Mar 2011 1:07AM GMT 
denabowers 19 Mar 2011 10:22PM GMT 
lyndasell 19 Mar 2011 11:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions