Search for content in message boards

Fahertys of Ballynakill Parish

Replies: 0

Fahertys of Ballynakill Parish

Posted: 14 Jul 2012 5:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Oct 2013 10:28AM GMT
Hi,
Trying to trace my three granduncles.....John, Patrick and Michael Faherty, all of whom travelled to the states in or around 1915. They would have been born in the late 1880s or early 1990s in Cloonderavon, Moyard, Co. Galway. Their father was John Faherty (born in Attyrourty, Letterfrack, Co. Galway) who died in 1902 aged 31. Their Mum was Annie Coyne (born in Rosleague, Letterfrack, Co. Galway). They had a sister, Bridget, who also emmigrated to the states and married George Begg and whose family I am in contact with. They had three other brothers...Stephen, who died young here in Ireland, Anthony (my grandfather) and Martin, who lived his life in Ireland and whose family I am in regular contact with. I never got to meet my grandfather as he died before I was born. My Dad remembers Annie (Nancy Anne) as quite a formidable woman, but in fairness she was left widowed with six young children and another on the way. My dad said there was never really any communication back from the uncles but has reason to believe that one died young on a building site. A cousin of mine believes he heard old Martin (their brother) say the remaining two died in an army camp in one of the Southern US states of some illness while training for overseas duty. Have searched for them for years in vain. It is the one section of my family tree which I can make no headway on which is such a pity as it is the section whose name I bear. If anyone can help me I would be so grateful,

Kindest regards,

Mary Faherty

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions