Search for content in message boards

Margaret Mary Fair (1902 MO - 1975 OK) - Looking to trace Native American heritage & ? about maternal grandparents and daughter

Replies: 0

Margaret Mary Fair (1902 MO - 1975 OK) - Looking to trace Native American heritage & ? about maternal grandparents and daughter

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fair, Ross, Doyle, Kane, McPeters, Waller
I am trying to trace our ancestry, as well as our rumored Native American heritage, but am totally lost, as I don't know for sure what member(s) of the family claim heritage, except that it is on Margaret Mary Fair's side. I've looked at the Dawes rolls, but not knowing parents info and the vagueness of the ages listed on the roll cards to match since the rolls span so many years, I'm very confused.

My great-grandmother Margaret Mary Fair was born August 26, 1902 in St. Louis, Missouri. She died September 16, 1975 in McAlester OK. Family legend has it that she was buried on the Indian reservation, but I have no record of this.

Her parents were Ross Hugh Fair (1870 IL -1953 MO) and Mary Elizabeth Doyle (1880 MN -1935 MO). I have extensive information on Ross's side of the family.

I have questions about Mary's heritage. I've seen different entries for her mother, but most sources have cited Johanna Kane (1858-1940 MN). I've seen it listed on the census that she was born in both Canada and Ireland, and I don't know which is accurate. Unfortunately, I have no info on Johanna's parents. Mary's father was John Doyle, who was born about 1846 in Ireland. Again, I have no additional information.

John Doyle & Johanna Kane had four children besides Margaret Mary. John Doyle (1869-?), David H Doyle (1871–?), Frances Doyle (1874–?), and Willie Doyle (1878-?).

Margaret Mary Fair married Frank James McPeters about 1921. Frank and Margaret had four children.

Vivian Elizabeth McPeters was born in 1921 in Oklahoma City OK. Married William Crumble Waller. Died July 1958 in Missouri. I have extensive information on their descendants.

Their second child was Margaret McPeters. I've also seen her name spelled Margarete and Margarett on census records. She was born April 16, 1924 in Oklahoma. My mom believes she married a man with the Simpson surname, and had a child named Terry (who would have been born about 1945). I have no information if she has passed away or is still living, or any details on her family.

The third child was Frank James McPeters, born 1924, died 1944. He had no wife or family, and was killed in an accident while in the Army.

The fourth child was my grandfather, Robert Gerald McPeters, born 1926, died 1983. Married Margaret Mary Meeks in 1945 in St. Louis. One daughter, Patricia Ann McPeters. I, of course, know about his descendants :)

I'm sorry for the very lengthy post, but I'm trying to give all the information I can upfront in case someone can help. To sum up, I'd greatly appreciate any information on the following:

- Any Native American history, most likely related to Margaret Mary Fair (1902-1975)
- Parents and/or siblings of John E Doyle (About 1846-?)
- Parents and/or siblings of Johanna Kane (1858-1940)
- Spouse and/or descendants of Margaret McPeters (1924-?)

Thank you in advance for any information or guidance you can offer!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions