Search for content in message boards

Thomas FAIRBROTHER Bible

Replies: 0

Thomas FAIRBROTHER Bible

Posted: 4 Aug 2013 9:52AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: FAIRBROTHER WILLEY
While my cousin was cleaning out her mother's house after she passed away, she found a family bible with Thomas Fairbrother" embossed on the cover.

The bible is a "People's Standard Edition", which is available from the Internet Archive: http://archive.org/details/peoplesstandarde00phil

Bound into the book between the old and new testaments was a wedding certificate for Thomas Fairbrother and Kezial Willey, dated 27-April-1830. This struck me as odd, because the bible appears to have been published in 1872.

Nevertheless, there were several sets of loose papers in the bible, and before I had to return it to my cousin, I scanned all the loose papers, and took many pictures of the book and the pages. Besides Thomas and Kezial, there were marriage certificates for William Richardson and Minnie Fairbrother (1883) and Charles Hardy Jones and Bernice Emily Richardson (1904)

If there's any interest, I would be happy to post/share the images that I have made.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions