Search for content in message boards

Calvert / Fairfax connection

Replies: 7

Re: Calvert / Fairfax connection

Janie Conner (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jun 2006 9:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Will:
Thanks for writing back. My memory is sketchy about all this from my grandmother(james and nadine colvert's daughter). I do recall on a trip to Warrenton, VA, my parents trying to find info on Asa, and before. Somehow I seem to remember that someone said Asa ran away to sea at a young age, but I may be mistaken. The illegitimate question came up in my brother's research in the late 70's, but he has passed away, and I believe the info with him. I don't know if Asa was the issue, or his parents or grandparents.
The pictures of the Colvert side I remember were several, and were studio photos, I forgort to indicate; my brother had them and his house burned, and I didn't ever get around to asking my sister if they were ever recovered from the fire.
I do remember a picture also of, I seem to believe of W.L. among Grandmother's things, and he was quite elderly, and incidentally had a cane/walking stick in the portrait! Oh, my, I hope they survived!

I will let you know sometime in the next few days. Also, I may be making an email change, so an alternate email is: autogirl2911@yahoo.com

Regards, cousin,
Janie Conner (48)
Bookeeper in Northeast Arkansas

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
waddy colvert 19 Jan 2006 4:44PM GMT 
jconner57 14 Jun 2006 11:58AM GMT 
waddy colvert 14 Jun 2006 7:30PM GMT 
Janie Conner 15 Jun 2006 4:54PM GMT 
waddy colvert 15 Jun 2006 7:18PM GMT 
Janie Conner 16 Jun 2006 3:53PM GMT 
jconner57 14 Jun 2006 12:04PM GMT 
waddyc_1 28 Apr 2009 2:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions