I too am a descendant of William Fairfield, United Empire Loyalist and his wife Abigail Baker. See the book "United Empire Loyalists" by N.&H. Mika -p.167-8-Ernestown Twp. The second township was named after Prince Ernest, 8th child of King George III. It was surveyed by Deputy Surveyor-Gen. Collins in Nov. 1783, and comprised 6 sq. miles of land situated on the north side of Lake Ontario. It was settled in 1784 by 434 Loyalists of Jessup's Rangers. see Fitzgerald's Loyalist Lists- p. 237-#1649 " William Fairfield from Vermont Farmer Own Lands" On the shore of Lake Ontario developed the village of Bath. The first library and grammar school in UC were opened here in 1811. The first steamship on Lake Ontario, the FRONTENAC, was built in Finkle's shipyard in Bath. The Loyalist Trail (also called the Bath Road) was established between Bath and Kingston. On this road still stands the house built by Loyalist Captain Jeptha Hawley in 1785. Captain Hawley had joined the Royal Standard in 1776 and settled in Ernestown in 1784. In 1791, St. John's Church was erected on land donated by William Fairfield Sr. who with his wife Abigail Baker, had come to Canada in 1778. In 1793 Fairfield built a commodious house which was named "The White House" It is located on Highway 33, about ten miles west of Kingston. This house was occupied by the family for six generations and is one of the province's few remaining 18th century Loyalist residences. It was recently (1976) acquired (through donation by a family member) by the government for preservation.((Muriel's note: It is open to the public in the summer months.)) Among the earliest settlers were; Capt. Fraser, Capt. Myers, Lt. Dusenbury, Lt. Bert, Corp. Charles, Corp. Shipley, D. Dulmage, H. Conkright, Jeptha Hawley, Henry Davey, John Lindsay, John Conklin, Lt. Robins, St. Williams, Lt. Best, John Snider, James Huffman, Lt. Parrot, M. Crankshaw, Sgt. Taylor, R. Clark, M. Rose, T. Porter, WILLIAM FAIRFIELD, E. Frost, Capt. Johnston, S.T. Washburn, A. Hough, Peter Van Alstine, C. Abram, Corp. Switzer, Corp. Finkle, J. Hesse, P. Daly, T. Poste, J. Amers, M. Hover, R. Pitman, D. Kerr, John Asselstine, S. Ball, J. Booth, T. Fraser, J. Hoffman, A. Miller, W. Perry , D. Rose, and Marcus Snyder. see photo p.169 of "The White House" built in 1793 by Loyalist William Fairfield, Sr., located on highway 33, west of Kingston.