Search for content in message boards

Fairweathers around Islington

Replies: 0

Fairweathers around Islington

Posted: 23 Jan 2010 12:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fairweather Blay Carter
My father's parents on his birth cert were a Richard Carter and a Louisa Elizabeth 'late Fairweather formerly Blay'. The father I can't trace and the mother is very elusive but has led me into Fairweathers and Blays.

Louisa Fairweather seems to have been known as Sarah Josephine Blay. At least that who Richard Carter senior was married to in 1899. Unless he married two Blay sisters, who were both 'late Fairweathers', in succession!

In tracing the Fairweathers I have developed a tree of a as yet an unconnected branch in Kettleburgh, Suffolk.

The Fairweather I'm really interested in is a Walter apparently born in Bocking, Essex. This is probably a mis-write of Barking but no trace of Walter can be found in Essex. There is a Bocking in Suffolk hence my interest in the Suffolk Fairweathers.

My main concern is to identify positively the Sarah (Josephine/Louisa?) Blay who married Walter Fairweather on 12 Dec 1881 in Bethnal Green and then remarried (as a widow) to Richard Carter (a widower) on 7 May 1899.

Find a board about a specific topic