Search for content in message boards

Fallons from County Sligo

Replies: 10

Fallons from County Sligo

Posted: 9 Jun 2003 9:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Sep 2006 1:22PM GMT
Surnames: Fallon, Preston, Flynn, Ebert, Alexis, O'Connor, Kennedy, Meier
I'm hoping there's someone out there who might be connected to my branch of the Fallon family and can help me with family history prior to 1860. I have a lot of information; if you think any of the following individuals might be in your family tree and you know anything about their history, I'd be happy to hear from you!

All of these people are the children of my gggrandfather, Edward Fallon, of Glen, Collooney, Co. Sligo and my gggrandmother, Mary (Flynn) Fallon of Co. Sligo. Edward was the son of Patrick Fallon and Anne Preston of Kinnagrelly, Co. Sligo.

Edward Fallon & Mary (Flynn) Fallon's children:
My ggrandmother:
Mary Anne Fallon, b. Nov. 1891, emigrated to US on SS Celtic in April 1912, came through Ellis Island, married James Alexis (a Greek immigrant) and lived in Bronx, NY; had four children--Rita, James, John, and Dolores. James is my grandfather. If you are a Rafael or an O'Connor, you may be related to this branch.

My gg-uncles and aunts:
Elizabeth Fallon, b. 1893, emigrated to US (uncertain about date); married James Kennedy in 1920s; lived in Bronx, NY; had 6 children--John, James, Michael (Mickey), Daniel, Teresa, Eileen. If you are an Ebert, you may be related to this branch.

Patrick Fallon, b. 1895. As of 1935, was still living in Ireland, married with at least 5 children, including 2 sets of twins. One set of twins, Ita and Madeline, were born in 1931 or 1932. I've seen a listing for an Ita Fallon Collooney who lived in the village of Curry in Sligo; not sure if this is the same person.

Michael Fallon, b. 1897. As of 1935, was still living in Ireland, married, with children. Did not live in the village of Glen; lived in Collooney.

Edward Fallon, b. 1898. Emigrated to U.S. in 1920 via Ellis Island; ship's record says he was going to live with his sister, Lizzie Fallon. As of 1932, was married to a woman named Helen and had a baby boy; don't know child's name.

Christina Fallon, b. 1899. In late 1920s/early 1930s, came to stay in America for long periods of time with her sisters and their families. May have been planning to emigrate, but in 1932, married Charles Higgins at the Church of the Assumption in Collooney. As of 1934, had one son, Francis Raymond. Eventually had another son, Charles. Do not know about other children.

Brigid Teresa Fallon, b. 1901. Do not know anything about her.

John Joseph Fallon, b. 1903. As of 1935, was married to a woman named Kathleen and living in Sligo, possibly Sligo Town. Had several children--daughter Mary, sons Daniel and John, probably more children.

Margaret Catherine Fallon, b. 1905, as of 1932 was living in the U.S. in NYC and was married with at least one child. Her husband's name may have been "Jackie" or "John," but am not sure and don't know his surname.

Sarah Jane Fallon, b. 1907, as of 1932 was still single and visited her family in Ireland; returned to NY and married George Meier; died in NY in 1970s. They had at least two children--Carl and Marjorie.

Thomas Francis Fallon, b. 1909, in 1933, worked at Church Army Hotel (or Hostel) on Marylebone Street in London; his family stopped hearing from him in March 1934. Nothing known.

Bernard Alphonsus Fallon, b. 1912, as of 1935 was still single and probably living with his parents in the village of Glen, Collooney.

If you are connected in anyway to one of these people, please let me know...I'd love to swap info!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gbmezzo 9 Jun 2003 3:19PM GMT 
CarolSchwartz... 21 Nov 2006 3:49PM GMT 
meikeyes 4 Sep 2010 4:53PM GMT 
xkapuhulax 13 Mar 2011 1:08AM GMT 
gbmezzo 14 Mar 2011 4:14PM GMT 
xkapuhulax 15 Mar 2011 12:30AM GMT 
JacquiDonald1 23 Jan 2013 8:07PM GMT 
gbmezzo 24 Jan 2013 12:30AM GMT 
JacquiDonald1 24 Jan 2013 9:46AM GMT 
chickasaw10 25 Jan 2013 9:26PM GMT 
per page