Search for content in message boards

John Frederick Falter of Baltimore, Maryland

Replies: 3

John Frederick Falter of Baltimore, Maryland

Posted: 1 May 2010 7:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Falter, Wooddy, Von Munchow, Yardley, Smith
My personal brick wall is my great grandfather, John Frederick Falter (b. 18 Aug 1885, Baltimore, d. 18 Dec 1940, Baltimore). He was the second child born to John Falter (also of Baltimore) and Rose (or Rosa) Jouch (or Youch, Iouch, Jauck, or any of countless other variations).

JFF married Louis von Munchow on 2 Apr 1907 and they had 5 children, George, Mildred, Jeanette, John (Jr.) & Mary, before they were divorced in April, 1916, 4 years after he had abandoned the family. He later married Mary Yardley (later Wooddy).

JFF's mother, Rose, was married to Louis Smith when she died in Baltimore on 8 July 1933. One census shows she was from Switzerland, while another shows she was from Baltimore.

I have no connection to any Falter families outside of Baltimore, but I strongly suspect my Falters ultimately came from Germany. Also, I have some indication that JFF or his family may have spent some time in Pennsylvania, but this is pretty tenuous.

Sorry about the excessive detail, but I wanted to include as much info. as possible for anyone who might see a connection. I welcome any responses.

Thanks,

George Henry Falter, III
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ghfalter 2 May 2010 1:05AM GMT 
W Turner 15 Mar 2011 10:48PM GMT 
ghfalter 16 Mar 2011 1:53AM GMT 
W Turner 15 Mar 2011 10:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic