Search for content in message boards

Solomon Fann Jr

Replies: 0

Solomon Fann Jr

Posted: 15 Apr 2011 8:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Apr 2011 8:15PM GMT
Surnames: Fann
I have done alot of research over the past 3 years and trying to find a missing piece to the puzzle. Some people have wrote based on a census record that Solomon Jr remarried and Nancy J Bird was his 2nd wife, but I have a marriage record that shows she married Geaorge S Fann in Blount County TN on July 21 1851. I am assuming that the "S" may stand for Solomon.

Now Solomon Jr. had a brother named Adam who married a Mary Henson if my research is correct. On the 1850 census it shows them having a son 3yo by the name of Fredrick. In 1860 none of these names appear on a census but I know sometimes certian areas were skipped. Adam also served in the 4th TN Inf for the Union and was captured in McMinville when Gen Wheeler attacked it. I know from there he was in the hospital but have found no record for him after that.

Now another reason I believe Solomon Jr. never remarried is on Fredrick's death certificate it says he was born in 1857 a 10 year difference (but we know dates on those are after the fact may not be correct)but it also states that his parents were Solomon Jr and Margaret Ricker. Whether he was the child of Adam who maybe died in the Civil War and was raised by Solomon Jr(Adam's brother)it is known through the family that Solomon and Margaret raised him.

I am very interested in any info on Fredrick and Adam. As to maybe what happen to them. Fredrick is my GGGF. Thanks in advance.

Mike Fann

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions