I have long family history in Freestone County, Texas. My family surnames are FANTROY, BONNER, MCGEE, JONES, and THURMANS among others. I don't know much about the FANTROYs, except that my great-grandmother EMMA FANTROY who was born approximately 1870. She married to Nathaniel MCGEE sometime between 1877 and 1881. A partial list of their fourteen children included: William, Dave, Lolla, Julius, Harriet, Henrietta Rufus, Dilbert, Edgar, Edna, Clifton, Lucy May, and Willie.
I have been able to piece together the FANTROYs of Freestone County, but cannot make a connection, of which I am sure exists, with Emma FANTROY McGEE.
Here is some information derived from 1930 Census reports that may be of interest to those on this list.
1. Dixie FANTROY (born approx. 1866) who married to Mattie.
2. Lonnie FANTROY (born approx. 1893) who married Lottie B. They had Ivory (F), Johnnie (M), Lonnie Jr. (M), R.D (M), Maria (F), Ines (or possibly Ivey)(F), and Mattie B. (F)
3. Allen, who was listed as divorced in 1930 Census and who was born approx. 1890.
4. Fannie, who was listed as widowed by 1930 and was born approx. 1871. She was married at age 25. The children listed at this time included: Irma, Evelyn, Ruth, and grandchildren, Crawford Moody and mother, Bettie Johnson.
5. Another Dixie FANTROY, born approx. 1907 and married to Annie
6. Jim FANTROY, born 1905, whose wife was Clyde. The had at least one son named Lovee. There was also 2 grandchildren listed Rosa Welch and Mildred Welch.
I would appreciate your providing any additional information that you may have. Please forward to any FANTROY with whom you are already aware.
Thank you very much.