Search for content in message boards

Moses Templeton Faries parents?

Replies: 3

Re: Moses Templeton Faries parents?

Posted: 3 Jun 2010 10:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks Dan for this info, this is great details that I didn't have! One of the main reasons I was causing myself confusion was I was relying too much on posts from earlier years that had misinformation, although they swore by it. I've learned my lesson and now am not so eager to automatically run with info I come across.

Thank you for the mention of my website(s), I enjoy sharing my online "notebook" I've compiled over the years with others, and to introduce extended family members to each other with my Facebook pages. I wish I had more time to spend on it. :-)

Although I mainly focus on my direct lineage I do enjoy branching out to other Faries lines; for enjoyment and to help others. One I've been researching for a few months now is Alexander and Mary Forbes. I know they were confused early on with Alexander and Jennet James; I currently have Alex(b1774)/Mary Forbes as the ancestor of the Faries Funeral Home brothers?

I have the direct line:
Alexander(b1774 m.Mary Forbes) > Alexander H(b1807) > William Alexander(b.1846) > Harvey Wilkens(b1878) > Joseph Wells(b1903) > Wells "Lex" Alexander(b1926) > etc

I haven't worked much on Alexander H on down due to I'm mainly interested in who the parents of Alexander(1774) were, and if his lineage dates back to the Robert (b1658) Pencader Hundred family.

There for a while I had:
Robert Sr (b1658) > William (b1725) > Samuel (b1746) > Alexander (b1774)

But that didn't seem to be panning out; I have William's (1725 m.Jane Steele) children as Jacob Sr, Samuel, Margaret. As I was reading up on Robert Sr (1658) my head started to hurt from all the confusion so I'm taking a break from his line.

Would you by chance know if the Alexander/Mary Forbes parents were worked out?

I have Alexander(b1740 m.Jennet James) being the brother to my ancestor Robert Esq, and their children as:
John, Thomas, James, Mary, Ann, William, Samuel, Jannette/Jennet, Alexander Jr, Jesse.

Thank you again for replying with the extensive notes! I've copied them down to go back over this weekend,
Wesley
Me (Texas) >> Floron Clayton Jr (b.1942 Texas) >> Floron Clayton Sr (b.1917 Texas) >> Allen Knight (b.1890 Mississippi) >> Green C (b.1854 Mississippi) >> Benjamin H (b.1824 Illinois) >> Robert Arthur (b.1790 York Co., South Carolina) >> Robert "Esquire" (b.1733 County Antrim, Ireland) >> Alexander James Faries (b.1698 County Antrim, Ireland)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wesley Faries 25 Jul 2009 11:36PM GMT 
cmf854 13 Jan 2010 5:33PM GMT 
DanielTrouble... 3 Jun 2010 4:29AM GMT 
Wesley Faries 4 Jun 2010 4:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions