Search for content in message boards

farrar -Va.

Replies: 44

Re: John Farrar et al.

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 7:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks. I have Alvanh Holmes book, and have one of the most massive data bases of Farrar/Farrers descended from Henry Ferror/Ferrar/Farrar/Farrer who built Ewood Hall in 1471.

I am finishing up inputting the English descendants of Henry,

Since you seem to be impressed with having Royal ancestors (I am not), you will find it interesting that via Sicily Kelke (mother of Wm of Virginia)we are descended from the Plantagents, Henry de Ferrers master of Horse for Duke William, Alexander II of Scotland an others, and via Margaret Lacy, William of Va's grandmother, to more royalty including Charlemagne.

We are descended from Edward III, as well as from Roger Mortimer the lover of his mother Isabella of France, and from Hugh Despenser Elder and Younger, both of whom were hung, drawn and quartered by Rogert Mortimer (who was hung by Edward III).

I dispell one notion though, and that is that the Farrars are of the de Ferrers or Ferrers. There is no evidence of that, none at all. I've seeen contrived genealogies which create a spurious connection between the Ferrers of Groby and Henry Ferror, but they are just that outright frauds.

I checked for the book:, DESCENDANTS OF JACOB FARRAR JR AND HANNAH HAYWARD OF LANCASTER MASSACHUSETTS TO 1825 , its either out of print or was privately published, neither Amazon or Abe Books has it.

I would love to be able to flesh out the New England Farrars, to a greater depth than I have.

We Farrars are more prolific breeders than rabbits, and not much in the way of record keepers either.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
BootsFarrar 7 Dec 2012 2:43AM GMT 
CarolMerrill6... 8 Dec 2012 2:32AM GMT 
BootsFarrar 8 Dec 2012 3:58AM GMT 
ECritzer7777 7 Mar 2013 1:13PM GMT 
ECritzer7777 9 Mar 2013 11:41AM GMT 
stephenriggan 11 Dec 2012 11:45PM GMT 
Gloria 28 Nov 2000 3:17AM GMT 
Shendj145 29 Nov 2000 3:36PM GMT 
sharanmason 29 Dec 2000 8:01PM GMT 
sharanmason 16 Aug 2000 4:43PM GMT 
per page