Search for content in message boards

Elijah Farrington and Phebe Howe photos, Fishkill, NY

Replies: 2

Elijah Farrington and Phebe Howe photos, Fishkill, NY

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 9:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Mar 2013 10:07AM GMT
Surnames: Farrington, Howe
I spotted these on an online auction (not related to the seller, just wish they were my family!) and tried to contact someone with them in their tree, but no response. (update: Person did respond but they are not related.)

It'd be a shame to not save these pics for future reference so I'm going to attach them to this message.

You have to zoom in to read them (ctrl+) but they were identified as Elijah and Phebe Farrington, by their son, a Dr. John M. Farrington.

The photo notes read:
My Mother
Phebe (or Phoebe) Farrington
Aged 69 yrs. 7 mos.
Taken at Poughkeepsie
Dec. 28th 1854
John M. Farrington

My Father
Elijah Farrington
Aged 73 yrs. 4 mos. 12 days
Taken at Poughkeepsie
Dec. 28th 1854
John M. Farrington
12 Clinton Pl.
N.Y.

The seller is located in Little Falls, NY, and the title of the auction was 'Pair Of ID'd Daguerreotypes Served In War Of 1812 Signed By Son Dr. in Civil War.'

This is what he had to say about them:
"Pair Of ID'd Daguerreotypes Served In War Of 1812 Signed By Son Dr. in Civil War

Offered (deleted) are these 2 6th plate daguerreotype photos of Elijah & Phoebe Farrington of Dutchess County, NY. According to the Tompkins County website he was born Aug. 16, 1781 in Jacksonville, NY and died in Fishkill, NY on Aug. 27th, 1861. He married Phoebe Howe of Poughkeepsie, NY in 1804. States that he served in the War of 1812. According to the writing behind these dags, these pictures were taken in Dec. of 1854. The writing on the back is signed by the 11th child of the couple, John M. Farrington of 12 Clinton Pl. New York. The website states that he was a doctor and served as a surgeon in the War of the Rebellion. In 1892 he published a pamphlet outlining his family ancestors.

These dags are in very nice shape with light erosion around the edges. Nice clear images, all original with No repair. They are 2.75 x 3.25". The case is split at the spine but would make a nice candidate for repair as it is in otherwise, fine shape. "

I got the maiden name Howe from a family tree here on Ancestry.com.
I hope this helps someone!

edited to update information. It's possible all descendants are gone or simply don't care for genealogy, but wanted to preserve them just in case.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GramsNGramps 16 Jan 2013 4:20PM GMT 
Judith Farrin... 22 Mar 2014 4:29AM GMT 
GramsNGramps 26 Apr 2014 9:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions