Search for content in message boards

Faulkners - Garrard KY (Paint Lick)

Replies: 1

Faulkners - Garrard KY (Paint Lick)

Steven Faulkner (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2000 7:30PM GMT
I am trying to trace my family history and have run into a stumbling block in Garrard Country Kentucky. My great grandfather was John William Faulkner, born May 13, 1850. He was residing in Garrard County in 1880 (census records) with his wife Argatha (Gothie), her 5 children from a previous marriage, and their 5 month old daughter, Mary (or Marnie). He married Argatha Stigall Conn after her first husband, Andrew J.T. Conn was killed. According to the 1900 Texas Census, Maude (their oldest daughter) was born in KY in 1882 and their next daughter, Jennie, was born in Texas in 1884. So they must have relocated from KY to TX between 1882 and 1884. It is my understanding that the Garrard County Courthouse burned in the mid 1800's and records before 1850 were lost. In the 1860 Garrard County Census, I found a Peter Faulkner, married to Sarah C., who had a John W Faulkner as a son. John W's age shows to be 12, which would make this John W born in 1848. So I don't know if Peter Faulkner is my great-great-grandfather or this is another Faulkner line. If anyone has any information on my family, I would truly welcome it.

Thanks

Steven Faulkner
oldmantx@vvm.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Steven Faulkner 5 Nov 2000 2:30AM GMT 
Jfonkert 9 Oct 2012 4:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions