Search for content in message boards

Fecteau surname

Replies: 0

Fecteau surname

Posted: 4 May 2012 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Filteau, Felteau, Fecteau, Fecto, Facteau, Facto, Feuilteau
Another milestone has been crossed for anyone who is doing research on the Filteau, Felteau, Fecteau, Fecto, Facteau, Facto, Feuilteau (and other variations) families. My website www.OurFamilyLInks.org now has the names of more than 95,000 people who are in or have married into the family that was started by the marriage of Pierre Filteau and Gillette Savard who married on 22 Feb 1666 in the city of Quebec in New France - after they had each immigrated from France.
Thanks to Ancestry.com for their census records (both USA and Canada) and their Drouin database with images of the original Birth, Marriage, and Death records in Quebec and some US states; and Family Search.org for their databases (which include images of birth, marriage, and death records for many of the individual states). A special thank you to people who have contacted me individually and provided additional information about their family members. I have taken extra care to provide, whenever possible, the children and siblings of in-laws. In addition, I have been collecting obituary records for family members and their in-laws. As a result, there are almost 6500 Fecteau/Fecto names, amost 3800 Filteau/Felteau names, and almost 1000 Facteau/Facto names; as well as the names of more than 80,000 people who are maternally related and/or are in-laws to the family. Sources are given to support the dates of the various events and people.
I welcome corrections and gladly accept any additional information that people care to share about their families.
Best wishes to all of you in your own individual (re)search.
ChuckFilteau@gmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions