Search for content in message boards

John Feehan 1846-1893

Replies: 0

John Feehan 1846-1893

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 4:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Feehan, Fitzpatrick, Pearce
I am looking for anyone who maybe related to John Feehan and his younger brother Patrick (b 1850). We were always told that they were born in Ireland and immgrated to the U.S. at a young age, however I have not been able to find any documentation to support this. All census records that they have been listed on say they were both born in PA.

The 1860 census has them both living with the Fitzpatrick Family of Philadelphia. John left Penn. and enlisted in the Civil War. He was captured and was a POW in Andersonville. He was released, went onto marry Mary C. Pearce and lived most of the remainder of his life in PA. He became a ship captain and was lost at sea in 1893.

I have hit a roadblock in finding any documents to support his birth in either Ire or PA. I have not found marriage docs (I don't know what year and in what state they married) and am unsure how to get a death cert. for someone who was lost at sea.

I hope to make a connection with someone who can help! Thanks!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions