Search for content in message boards

FELDER/FELTER

Replies: 147

Re: Hans Heinrich Felder

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 7:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello DenLinnie,
My mother's father last name was Felder. His name was Russell. He had a few brothers, whose names were Samuel and Farruaker (I do not know the correct spelling for my uncle's name) and sisters, I think my Aunt Lillian was one of his sisters or my Aunt Nellie. I know my mother told me my aunts and uncles grew up together, but I forget who was related to whom. Please let me know where Felderville is located. I have heard about it since I was a little girl. I know some of my family were slaves and owned by a German, who was Jewish, who owned slaves and they took his name once they were freed. I do not know all of the history involved from the slaves to the slave owner, but I know there is a connection between the slaves who were freed and who worked in the general store which was located in Felderville after the slaves were freed. I know the German slave master was good to his slaves because he did not mind some of them being educated. They were able to read and write, which was very unusual during this time. I was told about this by my mother. I have held onto this history past down to me by word of mouth because the Bible which had our family history was unfortunately destroyed when it was left in the hands of the wrong family person. They let the young children play with the Bible as if it was a toy not realizing what was being destroyed, which was our family history. I would appreciate any information you could provide me with. Karen E.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cabutals 25 Jun 2002 2:55AM GMT 
kdep7344 17 Feb 2010 8:26PM GMT 
SDiMascio3903 21 Feb 2010 9:20PM GMT 
denlinnie 25 Sep 2010 6:02AM GMT 
kdep7344 25 Sep 2010 1:11PM GMT 
kdep7344 29 Sep 2010 2:47AM GMT 
CFelderAMSC 1 Jan 2013 5:16PM GMT 
CFelderAMSC 1 Jan 2013 5:16PM GMT 
CFelderAMSC 15 Jul 2012 6:26PM GMT 
tfulgham22 31 Dec 2012 1:01AM GMT 
per page