Search for content in message boards

FINN: 1860s Antrim, IRL > ENG > 1890s Pittsburgh, PA

Replies: 2

Re: FINN: 1900s Pittsburgh, PA (any connection?)

Posted: 20 Jan 2013 5:24PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 20 Jan 2013 11:12PM GMT
Surnames: Finn, Graeff, Schell
As you write Charles Richard Finn was the son of Charles James and Irene Schell Finn; Charles James Finn was born in Primrose, Minersville, Schuylkill Co., PA on 8 Mar 1903 and died on 16 Feb 1993. Charles James Finn was my mother's brother.

=================================================
OBIT: CHARLES J. FINN, formerly of Upper Darby
Charles J. Finn, 89 of Calvert, Md., formerly of New Jersey and Upper Darby, died on Tuesday, Feb. 16, 1993, in the southern Chester County Medical Center, Jennersville. He was the widower of Irene Schell Finn. Born in Minersville, he was a son of the late Lawrence and Mary Graeff Finn.

He retired in 1965 as an equipment installer from Western Electric. He was a member of St. Alice Church of Upper Darby, the Knights of Columbus, St. Matthew Chapter in New Jersey and the Bell Telephone Pioneers.

He is survived by a daughter, Joan I. Murtha of Nottingham; a brother, Edward Finn of Lady Lakes, Fla, 18 grandchildren; and 23 great grandchildren.

He was preceded in death by two sons, Charles R. Finn and Donald E. Finn.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. on Friday, Fet 19, at Sacred Heart Church, Oxford. Friends may call from 9 to 10 a.m. on Friday at the church. Interment will be in SS Peter and Paul Cemetery, Delaware County, PA.

Memorial contributions may be made to Sacred Heart Church, 101 Church Road, Oxford, PA. 19363. Funeral arrangements are being handled by the Edward L. Collins Funeral Home Inc., Oxford.
===============================================
Charles Richard Finn was the grandson of Lawrence and Mary Rebecca Graeff Finn.

Lawrence Finn was the Son of Lawrence and Catherine Kelly Finn of Parish Kilconnell, Co. Galway, Ireland. They are buried at St. Catherine's Church Cemetery in Aughrim, Galway, Ireland.

Next to this grave stone is one for Edmund Finn died in 1777 who is believed to be the father of Lawrence Finn.

I am a first cousin of Charles Richard (Chuck) Finn. Please contact me for further information.

Kay Keating
kay.keating@toiletology.com

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Joyce Shepet 19 Oct 2000 7:37AM GMT 
Daniel J. Finn 7 Dec 2000 10:26AM GMT 
DuzKelley1931 21 Jan 2013 12:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic