Search for content in message boards

fischers in wisconsin

Replies: 15

Re: fischers in wisconsin

Posted: 25 Nov 2013 3:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
I corresponded several years ago but I never saw this email of yours before.

As you know when immigrants came to America the often changed the spelling of their name. And sometimes even in Europe they spelled their names in various ways, sometimes using an Hungarian spelling and at other times using a German or a Slovak spelling of the same name. My grandfather Frantisek Illy spelled his name differently at various times in his life. Illia was one of the spellings. His mother was named Rosalia Fischer. His maternal grandparents were Ocharovich's which could another way of spelling "Oreskovic". They all came from Hochstetno, a little town outside of Bratislava. Today Hochstetno is called Vysoka pri Morave. ..another name change.

Many years ago we exchanged emails on the Fischer family. Based upon our previous emails, I believe that we are distantly related to each other. I remember my grandparents, who lived in Milwaukee, talking about collateral family members called Fischer who also were also suppose to live in Milwaukee or somewhere nearby. At that time I was very young and never asked any questions about the Fischers that were related to us. Now of course it is much to late to aske those questions because my grandparents both died in the 1950"s.

You never did send me any information about your Fischer family. If you send me a Family mini-tree showing your Fischer's and allied families in the late 1800's and early 1900's, I will try to match them with some of the names in my tree. I am hoping to hear from you soon.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
SVGIARDINI 15 Mar 2000 8:20PM GMT 
illy1 19 Mar 2000 7:45AM GMT 
JoPietro 1 May 2011 12:27AM GMT 
Milan Huba 25 Nov 2013 10:18PM GMT 
johncf40 17 Dec 2001 2:32AM GMT 
Milan Huba 25 Nov 2013 10:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions