I was so excited when I read messages, I was dancing around and jumping up and down, like a little kid. I had to call my mother and read the messages to her. My mother is Sharon Florek Nelson, she is the daughter of Joseph Florek Jr. He is the brother of Clement and Stanley.
I live in the Minneapolis area also, and would loved to meet you and your brothers. My aunt Dorothy Florek Gordon and her brother Ronald Florek, also live in the Minneapolis area. Recently Ronald, we call him "Butch", went to Montana. He was trying to locate his grandfather's grave, but wasn't able to look in the cemetary because it was so muddy. He's grandfather is Joseph Florek, which was Andrew's brother. So, far we don't know exactly where he was buried, but we are all eager to find out. I spoke to Raymond Buckingham on Sunday. I was asking him about the Kurkoski family, but he only could give me a little information. He told me to contact George or Irene for more information. I haven't had the time to, I so busy during the week. Raymond lives in Sebeka, MN now. Irene is in Redding, CA. It's very exciting for me to find out the names of my great-great parents. I guess right now I'm so excited I don't know what to say.
I grew up in Deerwood, MN and spent alot of time visiting my grandmother, Marcella Florek, who lived on Mille Lacs. She past away on May 3, 1992. She is buried in the same cemetary as Stanley, Clement, and Joe.
Joe and Marcella had 6 children (from oldest to youngest):
1.Gerald, he married Jean. They lived in Seattle, WA. They had two children, Lori and Linda. Gerry died in 1983, at the age of 49, if I remember correctly.
2. James married Josephine. They live in Wealthwood, MN. They have two children: James, Jr ("Little Jimmy") and Julie. James, Jr is married to Cheryl and they have two boys. They did have a son named Tommy, but he died at age 2 of Lukemia. That was in 1992 also, a couple months before my grandmother past away.
3. Doroth, she married James Gordon. Jim died of Lung Cancer a few years ago, he was 70. They had 4 children: Wayne who is 40, he just had a birthday. Sue, Mark, and Tammy. Wayne has a daughter who is 2. Her name is Hannah. She a cutie. Very huggable. Sue is married to Gregory Peterson. They have three children. Twins: Joyce and Danielle, and there youngest is Ashley. Danielle has a 7 month old son named Dakota (I think thats his name). Mark is married to Kristi ("Kris"). Kristi has two kids from a prior marriage: Heather and Manny. Heather has two children. Mark and Kristi have two sons: Dillion, who is 9 and Tucker who is 7. Tammy is married to Glen Davidson. They have two children: Alisha and Mathew. All of Dorothy's children live in the Metro area.
4. Ronald ("Butch") married Patricia ("Pat"). They have 3 sons: Guy who is 32, Aaron who is 30, and Owen who is 27. All three sons are married. I don't see them that often so I don't know the names of there wives. Aaron does have a child, but I don't remember if it is a boy or a girl.
5. Sharon, married LeRoy Eric Nelson. They have two children. The oldest is Craig Michael Nelson. He is 27. Then there is me, Teresa Jo Nelson. My mom wanted to name me Mary Josephine, after her grandparent, but I dad said no. His mother's name is Mary, he didn't think she would like it. I'm 25. My brother lives in Crosby, MN.
6. Michael married Starr Cobb and had two children: Deon who is 26, and Zane who is 23. Michael and Star divorced after ten years of marriage. Mike then married Nancy. They had two children: Joseph who is 11 or 12 now, and Sara who is 9. Mike and Nancy divorced last year. All of Mike's children live in the Metro area.
I only really know my mothers siblings' families.
If you would like to contact me directly, my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org