Foland, Jennie -dau. of Jacob Foland & Annie Gardner -m. Charles Cantine Abeel (b. 1817)
from a book found on HeritageQuestOnline.com – not in my line as far as I know
Title: The Abeel and allied families
Authors: Whittemore, Henry,
City of Publication: New York
Page Count: 24
Notes: ill., ports.
Reel/Fiche Number: Genealogy and local history; G1876
Subject Headings: Abeel family.
Abeel, Christopher J., 1621-1684.
Primary Family Name: Abeel family
David Abeel, eldest son of Capt. David Abeel (who was the son of Johannes Abeel and Catharine Schuyler), was b. at Albany, N.Y. on April 27, 1705; d. Oct. 20, 1777. He m. Feb. 24, 1726, Mary Duyckink, b. Oct. 4, 1702, daughter of Garret Duyckink and Mary Abeel. Their children:
1) David Abeel, Jr., patriot of the Revolution, b. 1727 in Albany, New York; d. Feb. 1813; m. July 2, 1752, Neiltje Van Bergen
2) James Abeel, b. May 12, 1733 in Albany, N.Y. He died in New Brunswick, N.J., April 20, 1825. He m. March 23, 1762, Gertrude Neilson, dau. of Dr. John Neilson, who came from Belfast, Ireland, about 1740, with his brother James, who settled at New Brunswick.
3) Garret Abeel, b. May 2, 1734 in New York City, N.Y.; m. Nov. 19, 1760, Mary Byvanck, dau. of Evert Byvanck (b. June 15, 1705; d. May 1, 1781 at Little Falls, N.J.) and Mary Cannon. Had eleven children, only two of whom married:
..a) Jane Abeel, m. Gasherie Brasher, son of Col. Abraham Brasher;
..b) Garret Byvanck Abeel, b. March 5, 1768; d. Dec. 21, 1829; m. Catharine Marschalk (dau. of Joseph Marschalk and Mary Schermerhorn) who d. July 22, 1832. They had twelve children:
....i) Mary Abeel, m. Edward Dunscomb
....ii) Catharine Schermerhorn Abeel, m. Adrian H. Muller
....iii) Elizabeth Abeel, m. Albert W. Wright
....iv) Joanna Abeel, unmarried, d. June 25, 1882 in the 66th years of her age
....v) Theodore Abeel, b. Aug. 11, 1810, graduated at Rutger’s College July 15, 1829; d. Dec. 27, 1829
....vi) John Howard Abeel, b. June 27, 1815 at No. 19 Park Place, New York City, N.Y.; d. April 19, 1896; m. Jan. 18, 1838, Catharine Emeline Strobel, (She was the dau. of Dr. John C. Strobel, who d. Oct. 15, 1822)
4) Annetti Abeel, bap. March 1, 1753
David Abeel, patriot of the Revolution, eldest son of Capt. David and Mary (Duyckinck) Abeel, was b. in Albany, New York, 1727; d. Feb. 1813. He m. July 2, 1752, Neiltje Van Bergen, daughter of Garrett Van Bergen and Annetje Meyer. He settled in Catskill as early as 1754. In 1771 he obtained a patent for one thousand acres of land “on the west side of and adjoining the brook called the Caterskill, at a place called the Bak-Oven.” This estate was within the bounds of the Catskill Patent, and was formerly owned by Abeel’s father-in-law.
They had children:
1) Annatie Abeel, b. in Albany, March, 1753; d. in infancy
2) Anthony Abeel, b. in Catskill, Oct. 9, 1754; d. Feb. 25, 1822; m. Oct. 6, 1797, Catharine Moon
3) Garret (or Gerrit) Abeel, b. in Catskill, March 27, 1757; d. Oct. 23, 1829; m. Elizabeth Cantine. Children:
...a) David Gerrit Abeel, b. April 1, 1783; d. April 29, 1868; m. April 28, 1804, Nellie Goetschius Schuneman, daughter of Jacob and Catharine Schuneman
....i) Anthony Abeel
....ii) Eleanor Abeel
....iii) Betsy Abeel
....iv) Ann Abeel
....v) Catharine Abeel
....vi) Mary Abeel
....vii) John Abeel
....viii) Moses Abeel
4) Annatje Abeel, b. April 8, 1760; m. Jacobus B. Hasbrouck
5) Catharine Abeel, b. in Catskill, Sept. 28, 1765; d. Aug. 24, 1829
Garret (or Gerrit) Abeel, son of David and Neiltje “Nellie” (Van Bergen) Abeel, was b. in Catskill, New York, March 27, 1757. About 1785 he moved to Catskill Landing, and built for himself a stone house. He was for many years a judge of the Court of Common Pleas for Greene County.
Though not a lawyer by profession, he was endowed with strong common sense and an innate love of justice which was administered impartially, and his ruling seldom appealed from. He died Oct. 23, 1829. He married Elizabeth Cantine. Their children were:
1) David Gerrit Abeel, b. April 1, 1783; eldest child of Gerrit and Elizabeth (Cantine) Abeel, d. April 29, 1868. He m. April 28, 1804, Nellie Goetschius Schuneman, daughter of Jacob and Catharine Schuneman.
..a) Eliza Catharine Abeel, b. Oct. 18, 1805; unmarried
..b) Amelia Emeline Abeel, b. Feb. 23, 1807; m. May 8, 1839, Jeremiah Romeyn
..c) Gerrit Nelson Abeel, b. Oct. 18, 1809; m. Dec. 6, 1836, Alida Wynkoop; died 1874
..d) Eleanor Abeel, b. Feb. 1, 1812; m. first, George Phillips; m. second, Frank Parsons
..e) Jane Abeel, b. Dec. 23, 1815; died March 27, 1862; unmarried
..f) Charles Cantine Abeel, b. Aug. 5, 1817; d. Aug. 18, 1890. He married Jennie Foland, daughter of Jacob Foland and Annie Gardner. They had issue: F. Romeyn, Charles C., Annie S., Emily E., Nellie B. and David G.
..g) John Abeel, b. June 30, 1821
..h) Christine C. Abeel, b. Sept. 1, 1825; m. Henry Seelye
..i) Frances Mary Abeel, b. Jan 8, 1828; m. June 25, 1850 Abram Winne. They had issue: Emily Winne Webster; Frank N. and Lida Winne Dakin.
2) Anthony Abeel
3) Eleanor Abeel
4) Charles Cantine Abeel
5) Betsy Abeel
6) Ann Abeel
7) Catharine Abeel
8) Mary Abeel
9) John Abeel
10) Moses Abeel