Search for content in message boards

Sarah (Jennie) Mignault m. Homer Fonda

Replies: 2

Re: Sarah (Jennie) Mignault m. Homer Fonda

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 7:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Ellie...I read your post on Ancestry.com regarding Sarah Mignault who married Homer Fonda and thought you would find it interesting. We (my sister cc'd above) are also researching the Mignault family (Chambly Que) and while doing so came across the following handwritten information on microfiche at the Mogan Center in Lowell MA in the Case Histories of the Tewksbury (MA) Alms House (Tewksbury State Hospital) dated July 22, 1867: Quote...
Patient #'s: 28678, 79 & 80
Mignault-J.W. 47 b.St. Hyacinthe there till 15
N.B. 11 b.Ferrisburg Vt there (unclear)
Jos.T 5 b.Ferrisburg Vt there 3 or 4 yrs
there to Manchester NH 12 yrs. then back to Ferrisburg. Eur(unclear) Co. "C" 9th N. Reg. Came to Lawrence (MA) via Vt. Cent(ral), Manc(hester), Law(rence) R.R.(Railroad) June/66. There since. Two brothers, Edward & Willard in Methuen (MA). no other relatives. In no other Inst (Institutions). Will wants to go to Ferrisburg (unclear). End Quote.

Unfortunately some of the handwriting is unclear but I think there's enough information with my additions in ( ). Since we had Mignault ancestors in Lawrence MA, I wanted to find out if the above family was related so I e-mailed a website from Ferrisburg and they were kind enough to send me the following information on all the Mignault baptisms around the years the above children were born.
St peters in Vergennes. Its several miles from
Ferrisburg and was the only church at that time.

Leon Migneau bn 15 Apr 1856 bap 20 Apr 1856 son of
John B. Migneau and Olive Migneau
Sponsors: David Pare & Salome Egro

Marie Delina Migneau bn 1 feb 1858 ferrisburg bap 7
feb 1858
dau. of John Bte Migneau & Olive Legros
sp: Henry Daigneaux & Marie Doligne

Sophronie Migneau bn 25 aug 1859 Ferrisburg  bap 28
Aug 1859
Dau of John Bte Migneau & Olivia St Pierre
sp: Paul Leon Godin & Elmira Lalonge

Theodore Mignon bn 9 Mar 1862 bap 26 Apr 1862 son of
Gebear (sounds like Gilbert?) Mognon & Olive Legros
sp: Bebonie Riviere & Marg. McEvert

I have not been able to make a connection between J.W. and my gggrandmother, Celina Mignault Cardinal b. 1827, dau of Louis Hyacinthe Mignault and Catherine Truchon of Chambly, although it's coincidental that she lived in the Lowell / Lawrence / Methuen MA area in 1867.
I know you have several posts on the Mignault family which I will read but I'm hoping you will e-mail me if you have found a connection between our families.
Regards,
Barbara Langan Bond
Dracut MA USA
EveBond@aol.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ellie C. 17 Jan 2004 5:42PM GMT 
EveBond 11 Oct 2004 1:56AM GMT 
EveBond 11 Oct 2004 1:59AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic