Search for content in message boards

Lideral G. Ford

Replies: 142

Lideral G Ford daughter Elizabeth A. Ford Burnet

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 2:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ford Burnet
I think I found one!

In William Ford's household in the 1910 census (Harlan Twp, Warren Co) is an Elizabeth Burnet, identified as William's sister (white, 60, widowed), along with William's son "Huston" (our Harry Preston) Ford (then 23). The census identifies the birthplaces of William and Elizabeth's parents as "Ohio," but in another census somewhere Daniel's mother is said to have been born in OH too. I think that's just a mistake. Likewise Elizabeth's age can be wrong (if she was born around 1839, she's nearer 70 than 60 in 1910, but maybe the census-taker was being kind). Lideral himself was "colored," "M," and "W" on different censuses, so I don't see the "W"s for William and Elizabeth as obstacles.

I had thought, partly from the writeup in the Durant history of Union County--estimating Lideral's death as "about 1879" and summing up his and Priscilla's children as "Archibald, Daniel . . . , William and Lucinda, besides two or three deceased" (V. 2, p. 391)--that his other (five!) children could be understood to have died before Lideral. But if this Elizabeth Burnet is our Elizabeth A. Ford, then I was wrong!

Since the big payoff to finding Elizabeth's place of death was to be finding the graves--and names--of her grandparents, and since she apparently lives so long after they are gone, follow-up on her isn't pressing, but chasing down the Burnet connection could lead to clues to the whereabouts of the other L&P children.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KaetchenS 4 Mar 2013 4:08AM GMT 
cmariepeterso... 4 Mar 2013 1:37PM GMT 
KaetchenS 5 Mar 2013 4:44AM GMT 
cmariepeterso... 5 Mar 2013 6:32AM GMT 
KaetchenS 5 Mar 2013 5:23AM GMT 
cmariepeterso... 5 Mar 2013 6:50AM GMT 
cmariepeterso... 7 Mar 2013 9:14PM GMT 
KaetchenS 8 Mar 2013 2:38AM GMT 
KaetchenS 8 Mar 2013 4:40AM GMT 
drofnor 8 Mar 2013 5:31PM GMT 
per page