Search for content in message boards

William Gardner Ford descendants

Replies: 4

Re: William Gardner Ford descendants

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 9:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ford, Love
Hello Seleste,

Looks like we're cousins! I, too, am descended through Dorrel Ford and his first wife, Susanna (maiden name unknown), then through their eldest son, John Faust Ford. I have one small correction to make to the data posted. Magdalen Love Ford died in 1837 in Greene County Alabama. A friend checking records for me found her estate file folder but it was empty although it did provide the year of her death. Susanna died the day after her 9th child was born, also in Greene County Alabama. Her infant daughter Elizabeth lived only a few hours, according to family history. William Gardner Ford's full name is only found in a few records. He signed a guardianship bond for his wife who was named guardian of Isaac Love's daughter Martha in 1793. His full name appears in a lawsuit against his estate in 1812.
I've seen various records where the writer said Gardner was born in Henrico County Virginia, which seems unlikely. My great-great grandfather told his son James Love Ford as James was departing for Europe in the army in World War I that James should try to visit Liverpool because that's where the family sailed from to America at the port city of Charleston South Carolina. Unfortunately, he didn't specify whether it was William Gardner Ford's generation or that of his parents. William Gardner Ford settled in the "back country" of South Carolina on the banks of the Wateree River. Magdalen Love lived on the neighboring plantation with her father Robert Love, the eldest son of William Love of Lunenburg County Virginia. I can give you lots more info if you'll email me at: lfoster@earthlink.net I am looking forward to hearing from you, and I'd like very much if you'd share your lineage through Austin. If you're living in England, I can put you in touch with another descendant who lives there. By the way, the first record of the Ford surname was in the marches of Wales. "Marches" was a medieval term that referred to the border country between Wales and England.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
larue2004 6 Nov 2004 2:55AM GMT 
tarneys 23 Aug 2005 9:42PM GMT 
laruefoster 9 Jun 2013 6:52AM GMT 
seleste_skinn... 3 Oct 2012 11:24PM GMT 
laruefoster 20 Aug 2013 3:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions