Search for content in message boards

Fords: Massachusetts

Replies: 3

Re: Fords: Massachusetts

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 10:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FORD, HANSBORO/HANSBURY, CARROLL
Hello: My FORDS IN MA began with Nicholas Ford, b. 1827, who emigrated from Ireland (we think Offaly/Kings) around 1840-45. His father's name was James.

Nicholas lived in Westchester, NY, then married Bridget Hansbury (sp?) in GREENFIELD, MA in 1846. Bridget also emigrated from Ireland, probably Sligo. They returned to Westchester, then moved to Kinderhook, NY.

Nicholas and Bridget finally settled in PITTSFIELD, MA around 1855. Their children were Margaret, Mary Ann, Nicholas, James, Jennie, Catherine. I can give you the married names of the girls if that will help.

Nicholas' son Nicholas married Ellen Carroll in SPRINGFIELD, MA, where the Carrolls lived. Ellen and Nicholas' children were Agnes, Ellen, Mabel, Joseph (my grandfather), Christine, Anna, Grace, Mary Isabelle, John, and Charles. They then moved back to Nicholas' home town of PITTSFIELD, MA.

If any of this is related to your search, my email is jowyn@concast.net. I would be thrilled if it is because my Fords have been my brick wall--not so much in the US, but back in "the auld country."

Cheers,
Jude
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pshizzle1 3 Mar 2012 7:14PM GMT 
gjmacdonald 7 Mar 2012 4:05AM GMT 
c2bjm581 11 Aug 2012 6:53PM GMT 
Saoirse16 1 Dec 2012 5:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic