Search for content in message boards

Needham Freeman

Replies: 5

Re: Needham Freeman

Posted: 14 Mar 2009 8:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
I too am interested in the book published in 1918. Please let me know how to obtain it. Following is the information I have on a Needham Freeman who married Martha Moore. This Needham Freeman was my ggg grandfather:

NEEDHAM FREEMAN (June 1, 1758-June 1, 1848 ?)

“Probably born in Johnston Co., NC. His brother, John, next in the order of children named in his father’s will, served in the Revolutionary War. John’s pension gives Wake County as his birthplace but Wake wasn’t formed until 1770 from Cumberland, Johnson and Wake Counties.

Needham married Martha Moore on 29 October 1785 in Wake County. Sometime between 1800 and 1810 he moved his family to Pendleton District, South Carolina. He is described by a descendant as a ‘large, tall, bony man of dark complexion’. The Moores were of red complexion and the ruddy faces of many of Needham’s descendants come from the Moores. He lived some years in South Carolina and when about aged 50 moved to Georgia. He became a Baptist Minister. Date and location of his death are unknown.”

Children of Needham and Martha (Moore) Freeman were Benton, Jeptha, Redden, Mark, Jacob, Barney Lynn, Needham II, Alse, John Freeman II and possibly 3 un-named daughters who married a Hunt, a Cannon and a Henderson. Some accounts indicate that Barney and Jacob were twins. Also, that Jacob moved to Georgia, Cherokee County and made a fortune. (No mention was made as to how this fortune was made).

Needham Freeman's Father and Mother were John Freeman 1737 -1800 and Martha Linn or Lynn. From all acounts John Freeman lived in Wake Co. NC most if not all his life and he died there in 1800.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kohari 12 Sep 1999 3:52PM GMT 
bonnie8690 4 Feb 2002 3:03PM GMT 
bonnie8690 4 Feb 2002 3:06PM GMT 
ekbfmiller 25 Feb 2002 11:56PM GMT 
Marion Freema... 15 Mar 2009 2:50AM GMT 
Eernisse_Melo... 28 Aug 2013 7:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic