Search for content in message boards

Edmund Freeman founder of Sandwich MA

Replies: 37

Edmund FREEMAN, of Sandwich, MA

Posted: 18 Feb 2005 10:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
What information do you want about Edmund FREEMAN of Sandwich, MA? There is a great deal available. Unfortunately, I haven't found real proof beyond the John FREEMAN who had the Edmund that m. Alice COLES. Go to GenForum > FREEMAN, and read messages 2024, 2513, 2704, & 3170. The mother of the immigrant Edmund's children was his first wife Bennett HODSOLL. The second wife was Elizabeth. I descend from five generations of Edmunds beginning with the Edmund that m. Alice.

The will of Edmond FREEMAN, Pulborough, Sussex, yeoman, dated 30 May 1623, pr. 18 Je. 1623, requested burial in Pulborough Church. To his wife, benefit of the copyhold where he dwelt and a third of his land for life. To wife's brother George COLES. To dau. BEAUCHAMP. To son John, tenements in Pulborough. To youngest dau. Elizabeth. To seven grandchildren. To sister HARTE. To kindred. To George WATE, John LEW, & Searam FLUSHER, and to Abe LEE & other servants. To the poor of the parish and to the high church at Chichester. To eldest sons Edmond and William, exs. Nicholas BELL of Arrondell & George COLES of Amberly, overseers. Wit. John FLUSHER & Mary GREENFIELD.

Will of Alice FREEMAN, wid., Rigate, Surrey, 13 Nov. 1650, pr. 5 Mar. 1651/2. To sons Edmund & wf. & William, house in Poulborough. To son John CUDDINGTON & his wf. Elizabeth, my dau., and their daus. Alice & Elizabeth CUDDINGTON. To granddaus. Alice DOGETT & Mary WOOLSLEY. To grandch. Edmond, Richard, George, & Elizabeth BEAUCHAMP, & to her daus. Sarah & Alice BEAUCHAMP. To the children that son William had by his last wife. To William FISHER. To the poor of Poulborough & Rygate parishes. Residue to John BEAUCHAMP & his wife Alice, exs. Wit. Edmond BARTON, Roger PAINE, Thos. STANDEN.

John BEAUCHAMPE, London, wrote to Mr. Wm. PADDY, 20 July 1649: Dear Cozen, We are all in good health. My wife's mother is in good health and lives with me at Ryegate. [Also he mentioned]...son DOGGED...your father my brother FREEMAN...brother Wm. FREEMAN...brother CODDINGTON...

There were also records in Plymouth Colony Deeds, 10 Mar. 1652: Whereas Mr. Edmond FFREEMAN of Sandwidge in New England received POA to receive moneys due...

I'm out of time AGAIN!

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Pat 14 Feb 2005 8:14PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 18 Feb 2005 5:39PM GMT 
Pat 11 Apr 2005 6:25PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 12 Apr 2005 9:50PM GMT 
Pat 14 Apr 2005 8:38PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 14 Apr 2005 9:41PM GMT 
Pat 15 Apr 2005 5:45PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 13 Nov 2010 7:36PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 13 Nov 2010 8:50PM GMT 
MarilynRoth58 13 Nov 2010 10:00PM GMT