Search for content in message boards

William Gist FROMAN & Louisa HIGGINS marriage 1897

Replies: 0

William Gist FROMAN & Louisa HIGGINS marriage 1897

Posted: 25 Jan 2006 7:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
We had incorrectly assumed that since Plattsburg was in Platte County, Missouri. Not finding this couple in the indices for Platte County marriages, I turned to Clinton County marriage records. Clinton County is where William Gist FROMAN was reported to have been born. His father was a judge in the county for many years.

Indeed, I located the marriage application taken out on the 6th of May 1897. William G. Froman is from Grayson, Clinton, MO and states he is over the age of 21. Miss Louisa Higgins of Grayson is from Grayson, Clinton, MO and also states she is over the age of 21.

The marriage return explains the marriage took place on 30 June 1897 at Grayson, Clinton County Missouri, Cecil J. Armstrong officiating. Clinton County Marriage Volume 3, page 288.

It should be noted that Louisa was not 21 when she married. Family tradition, through her son Lowell, my grandfather, lists her birthdate as 21 Oct 1877 in Harrison County, MO. That would make her 19 when she married Mr. Gist.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions