Search for content in message boards

Mayflower Fullers DNA Test Results

Replies: 12

Re: Mayflower Fullers DNA Test Results

Posted: 8 Apr 2005 3:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FULLER
I am a descendant of Ezekiel Fuller of Is. Wight Co., VA, through his son Ezekiel II-Benjamin Sr.-Benjamin-Jr.-Ezekiel-James-William-Robert-Otis Sr.-myself. Many of us Fuller's believe that Samuel Fuller, transported to Is. of Wight Co., VA, on 9/26/1667 by Robert Coleman, was Ezekiel I's father. It has been generally assumed that Samuel came from England, but recently considered evidence has led myself and other's to question
this assumption.- It seems that there are some early 1600's Fuller lines in Connecticut and Massachusetts that contain the names of Samuel, Benjamin, Ezekiel, and Timothy. These also, are names of some sons of Ezekiel I and later descendants. The surname Darling also appears in a couple of these New England lines, which I find to be more than coincidental. I believe these families also claim a Robert Fuller of England, as their common ancestor, which would make them unconnected (at least directly) to the Mayflower Fullers. I have also seen the name Darling Duke, but have not yet researched it- (I am also a Duke family descendant.) I suppose the main question I have is: Was there an influx of settlers from the New England Colonies to Virginia in the mid-1600's?- (Surely there had to be some).
I stongly believe that this above matter bears further investigation, which I hope will happen, and which I also hope, will include DNA research.
(Almost forgot: Benjamin Sr. and Jr. were both in Pendleton district, SC by 1800, and Benjamin Jr. also had a son, (Benjamin Franklin Fuller b.1807 SC ) who was my Ezekiel's (b. 1801 SC) younger brother. (We will be In Is. Wight Co., VA about May 22, also)!
Otis Fuller
Corte Madera, CA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Katherine Hope Borges 29 Mar 2005 6:24PM GMT 
Dick Landis 30 Mar 2005 11:21PM GMT 
Katherine Borges 30 Mar 2005 11:33PM GMT 
Otis_Fuller 8 Apr 2005 9:27AM GMT 
Dick Landis 8 Apr 2005 4:35PM GMT 
Otis_Fuller 8 Apr 2005 7:26PM GMT 
Judy Smith-Bellem 1 Oct 2005 2:51PM GMT 
MQuiltr2 8 Feb 2009 9:52AM GMT 
clarkemg 14 Nov 2011 8:54AM GMT 
clarkemg 6 Jan 2013 2:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions