Search for content in message boards

Looking for John Alfred Fullington Mural Artist

Replies: 2

Re: Looking for John Alfred Fullington Mural Artist

Posted: 4 Sep 2011 9:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: samosl
I know of John Fullerton. I purchased one of Lila's Fullerton's paintings from the estate of Rev & Mrs Arthur M. Estes of Jacksonville, Florida. In the 60's Mr. Fullerton came to Jacksonville after falling on hard times.
He knew my pastor, Rev Estes from Bible school as I remember the story. He painted a beautiful mural in our baptistry in order to pay for his room and board while staying in one of the churhes unoccupied houses. I remember he stored all of his painting supplies in the back of his station wagon. He also gave one of Lila's paintings to Mrs. Estes as a thank you. That is the one I purchased. It was not long after he left Jacksonville he was hit by a car crossing the street in Vero Beach, FL. The mural he painted is in the old Auditoriu of Victory Baptist Church. It has a wall built in front of it now, but the last time I checked it was still there and in good shape. Victory Baptist Church is on Lem Turner Road, Jacksonville, FL. Do you know how many murals Mr. Fullerton painted in churches?
I hope this little information helps.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
llbarna 18 Nov 2010 4:59PM GMT 
jmobeeman 5 Sep 2011 3:50AM GMT 
llbarna 5 Sep 2011 1:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions