I'm looking for info on the gabbard family

Replies: 3

Re: I'm looking for info on the gabbard family

Posted: 15 Feb 2012 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gabbard Gabbert Gebard
Hello.
I just read you post.
Could you tell me the names of your father's siblings?
I am looking for Henry Gebard who may have been born by a different name. He was b in IN 1849 Dec. I have been searching for his family for many years. He had a brother John Adel or Adlaska Gebard b abt Oct 1856 in IL or IN. I believe that John was b a Gabbard with a sister Harriet??b in IN abt 1853 (this is conjecture) but he did have a full or half brother John or they were raised together.. They were possibley Orphaned or abandoned before 1860. I cannot find them in a census together. I cannot find Henry in 1850 and the census in Il I find an Adlaski (listed as a female) with a sister Harriet Gebhard in Jasper Co IL in 1860. I do not know if this is John or not. I have seen the gender mistake before. Henry was my gg grandfather. He was married in Shelby Co by a John Henry Link LM who was in Connorsvelle Fayette co IN in 1870.
There is a Gabbard link to the link family but not in IN.
He and Phebe Woods were married in the home of Martin Freeman in Shelby Co IN with a John Marker as witness along with and Abbie Bowles Henry and Phebe were married in 1875. They lived in Shelby co In till about 1870 then moved to Martinsville Morgan Co IN. till he died by lightning strike in 1885. His brother John was married to Anna Hallowell in 1876 in Douglas Co IL and there they lived till he was killed over payment for wood in 1890. His family went on to live with wife's family in IA.
It is the Fayette Co connection I am wondering about as I think that Rev Link who married him may be either a relative or close family friend. and since he was in Connersville maybe he knew a Gabbard family that took him in or adopted him..
I have many Gabbards in my tree and reseach them for you. I have been researching Gabbard and In Gabberts and Gebhards for many many yrs. Any more info you can give me I will be very greatfull
Thank you Aleta
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rreece911 13 Sep 2011 11:17PM GMT 
agemm3 16 Feb 2012 1:35AM GMT 
linnegravesto... 27 Apr 2012 10:32PM GMT 
agemm3 27 Apr 2012 11:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions