Search for content in message boards

Gaileys of Utah

Replies: 7

Re: Gaileys of Utah

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 11:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gailey
I have been back to Nauvoo on a search for Eleanor and unfortunately doscovered nothing about her whereabouts. I have a transcription of her Patriarchal blessing given to her in Nauvoo, but there is no record of her after arriving there. As she is not listed on the Overland Trail Index with her children, it is assumed that she passed away in Nauvoo. There are only a couple of official cemeteries there, but many neighborhood cemetries with gravemarkers even in the backyards of the homes there. But it is also true that hundreds of unmarked graves were destroyed by the development and zoning of the area over the years.

I have pictures and biographies of the children of Eleanor who left Nauvoo to come to Utah: (Charlotte, John and Hannah). Charlotte and her husband settled in Granstville, John and his family settled in Kaysville, and Hannah and her family went to Payson. Hannah was murdered with her son by a mob when they were implicated in a plot to steal horses. Let me know if you are interested in the pictures I have of Charlotte and her family.

Chris Davis
Salt Lake City, Utah
christopherrobins@q.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
christopherda... 13 Apr 2008 1:41AM GMT 
krgailey1 5 Jun 2008 7:20AM GMT 
BrittneyGaile... 9 Oct 2008 4:50AM GMT 
Christine Gai... 20 Nov 2008 3:58PM GMT 
christopherda... 21 Nov 2008 12:57AM GMT 
mchill1 2 Jun 2012 9:43PM GMT 
christopherda... 3 Jun 2012 5:35PM GMT 
vixtersbluff 11 Feb 2013 2:55AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions