Search for content in message boards

Catherine Winn/Wynn Minton Galbraith 1804-1859

Replies: 0

Catherine Winn/Wynn Minton Galbraith 1804-1859

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 4:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Aug 2012 4:31PM GMT
Surnames: Minton, Galbraith, Winn
Have any Galbraith researchers done much research on Catherine Winn, the wife of Aeneas Sharp Galbraith Sr? I am looking for her birth parents' names and if anyone knows the first name of the Catherine's reported first husband with the surname of Minton. Also what is the source of that marriage information with Minton? Where was she listed as Mrs. Catherine Minton in the records?

I know that Catherine and Aeneas were married in Floyd County, IN...it seems after they had some children together. Why there? There are some Winn families living in Harrison County, IN near Floyd, IN that originally came from VA through KY before Indiana. Perhaps she belongs to that line?

I have also found a James Minton that married a ? Winn in Claiborne County, TN before 1820. James was reported to be a son of Ebenezer Minton of Washington County, VA who died in TN. (The Galbraiths lived in Washington County, VA at one time.) James Minton and ? Winn reportedly had a son named Calvin Minton in 1821 in VA although I haven't found the source linking Calvin with James and ? Winn. Calvin Minton was married in Roane County, TN, lived in Morgan County, IN in 1850 and then moved to Iowa and Missouri before he passed away in Oklahoma in 1900. I am assuming that if this ? Winn was Catherine that Calvin was raised by one of his uncles (a couple of them lived in Roane, TN). Parts of Roane County were once Hawkins County I believe so this scenario is plausible.

Anyway, I would love to get some help! Dana Love, loveandchu@gmail.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions