Search for content in message boards

Michael Gallagher..1800s..IRE>PA>MN

Replies: 13

Michael Gallagher..1800s..IRE>PA>MN

I am searching for information about Michael GALLAGHER, who emigrated from Ireland to Pittsburgh, Al (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2005 2:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gallagher, Leonard, Kelly
I am searching for information about my G2 grandfather, Michael GALLAGHER, who emigrated from Ireland to Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, PA sometime before 1856. I have done research in Winona Co., .MN. I found Michael's death certificate and learned that his father was born in Ireland and his. name was Neil GALLAGHER

Michael Gallagher, was born ca 1818 in Ireland according to the 1870 census of Winona Co., MN. However, I don't know the town or county in Ireland where he was born.

Michael married Catherine (Kate) Leonard who was also born in Ireland. I don't know if they were married in Ireland or if they met in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Michael, Catherine, and their two oldest children, Ann and Joseph Patrick (My great-grandfather), moved from PA to MN in 1857. Ann and Joseph
Patrick were born in PA. Michael and Catherine Gallagher had at least six more children who were born in MN. Their names were John, George, Edward, Mary, Ellen, and William. The whole family is listed in the 1870 Winona Co., MN Census.

My great-grandfather, Joseph Patrick GALLAGHER was an infant when his family moved from Pittsburgh to Winona Co., MN in 1857. He lived there until 1878, when, at the age of twenty-two years, he migrated to what is now the state
of South Dakota. On May 10, 1878, he entered homestead and timber-culture claims in Humboldt township, Minnehaha County, Dakota Territory.

He married my great-grandmother, Margaret (Maggie) KELLY , who was from Chatfield in Fillmore Co., MN. on July 27, 1885, either in MN or in Minnehaha Co., SD. Joseph Patrick and Margaret (Maggie) KELLY GALLAGHER
lived in the Humboldt, SD area the rest of their lives. They had two children. Their son, George Gallagher, was born on May 13, 1886. Their daughter, Mamie, was born on Nov. 3, 1887.

I would be most grateful for any information about the county in Ireland that Michael and Kate Gallagher emigrated from. I would like to exchange information with anyone who believes they may have a connection with this Gallagher family.

Mary Yonan
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
I am searching for information about Michael GALLAGHER, who emigrated from Ireland to Pittsburgh, Al 24 Sep 2005 8:39AM GMT 
Michael Dixon 31 Oct 2005 7:13PM GMT 
TERRYSNAPP 24 Feb 2013 2:46AM GMT 
ann gallagher 17 Dec 2005 7:27PM GMT 
Mary Allison Yonan 17 Dec 2005 7:35PM GMT 
ann 17 Dec 2005 9:46PM GMT 
Mary Allison Yonan 18 Dec 2005 2:33AM GMT 
ann 18 Dec 2005 10:26AM GMT 
ann 18 Dec 2005 8:57PM GMT 
Mary Allison Yonan 18 Dec 2005 9:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic