We are looking for help with a Susan Gallentine who married Jacob Bowers.
We know our Jacob Bowers married a Susan A.and that they were both born in PA according to their son, Samuels information on a 1870 census in Michigan.
I had no idea of a last name for Susan, until I came acrossed the names of Jacob and Susan Gallentine marriage which seems to fit real well with other information we have so far.
Jacob was b. Abt. 1815 in PA.
Susan A. was. b.in PA also. I have no date of her birth.
Jacob and Susan had five children:
1. Mary Jane BOWERS b. Abt. May 1840 in Ohio, m. Noah Groff Bergey
2. John G. BOWERS b. Abt. 1841 m. Hannah Turney (We are not positive that John is a son of theirs but all indications are that he is.)
3. Rueben BOWERS b. 1844 Ohio Jane LITTLE
4. Samuel E. BOWERS b. October 20, 1844 Wayne Co.,Ohio, Emma F. FLANSBURG, Ella Charlotte Gallatin and Juliette Wardwell
5. Catherine BOWERS b. Abt. 1852 Glasgow
Jacob has been a big mystery and now the rest of his life has been one as well.
Jacob is my husbands gr gr gr grandfather. Through a lot of searching we came up with a name. Now we would like to know more. We are hoping that our search takes us to the place the Bowers originally came from.
Thank you to anyone who may be able to help with information.
We appreciate it very much,