Search for content in message boards

GALLIGANS from TIPPERARY, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW YORK

Replies: 0

GALLIGANS from TIPPERARY, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW YORK

Posted: 30 Nov 2007 2:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GALLIGAN
Following is the limited information I have. I would appreciate knowing if any of this information is familiar to anyone else.
My paternal grandmother was born Florence Mae Galligan on 7 July 1898. Her father was Frank G. Galligan who was born in New York about 1879. Her mother, Minnie (maiden name unknown), who was born in Tipperary, Ireland about 1877. They lived on Pond Street in Leominster Township, Worcester County, Massachusetts according to the 1900 United States Census. By 1910 they had moved to East Rutherford, Bergen County, New Jersey.
According to my grandmother, who I knew well, her mother, Minnie, passes away when my grandmother was about 13 years old, which would have been about 1911. My grandmother was an only child.
I believe Frank G. Galligan may have remarried, but I have no confirmed information about this. Also, one of Frank's parents may have been French, while the other was from Ireland.
Frank and Minnie may have married in 1897.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions