Search for content in message boards

Galvin's of Waterford, Ireland

Replies: 0

Galvin's of Waterford, Ireland

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 5:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Galvin
My great grandmother was Margaret Galvin born 1876 in Waterford to John Galvin and Mary Keane.

John married Mary in 1862 in Waterford. Both Mary and John where born about 1840.

I have got Mary in the 1901 census with her grandson Edward Scully. Edward is the son of John and Mary's daughter Catherine (b1864), she married Patrick Scully.

In 1901 Mary is living at 59 Doyle's Street in Waterford. She isnt showing as a widow, but her husband John I can not find anywhere and he isnt to be found in the 1911 census either. But I believe he died after 1911 in Waterford.

In 1911 Mary is deceased and my great grandmother Margaret Cullen (nee Galvin) is living at 59 Doyle Street with her husband Thomas Cullen and family.

I believe John Galvin may be the son of John and Anastasia Galvin, but havent confirmed this yet, although it seems likely from the naming of children.

If anyone thinks they may be related to any of this family, it would be good to get in touch and try and piece it all together.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions