Search for content in message boards

Bradley Gambill descendent

Replies: 27

Re: Bradley Gambill descendent

SCOTT B. BUSH (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2001 1:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GAMBILL, DYER
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION - YOUR GGGG GRANDFATHER WAS A BROTHER TO MY GGGGG GRANDFATHER - THAT WOULD MAKE US COUSINS - IS IT FIRST COUSINS NINE TIMES REMOVED ? ANY WAY
I HAVE THOMAS BRADLEY GAMBILL AS HAVING DIED IN RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN IN 1806 . HIS SON :
MY LINE IS JOHN BRADLEY GAMBILL BORN 1771 IN GRANDVILLE COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA - HE MARRIED ON 1 NOV 1798 IN DAVIDSON COUNTY, TN TO SARAH KIMBRO(UGH) SH WAS BORN IN PITTSBORO ? AS AN OLD BIBLE RECORD SAYS - NOTHING ELSE -
IN 1782 - SHE DIED ON STEWARTS CREEK , RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TENNESSEE IN 1816 - HE DIED AFTER 16 MAY 1843 . TOGETHER THEY HAD FRANCIS PERMILA GAMBILL - BORN 26 AUG 1808 - HER BIRTH PLACE IS FOUND BOTH AS TN AND VA - SHE MARRIED ISAIAH ROBERT DYER WHOSE FAMILY CAME FROM RICHHMOND, VA - THEY HAD TEN CHILDREN - THE FIFTH WAS ISAIAH WAHINGTON DYER WHO WAS IN CO D , 11TH TN CALV C.S.A. CONFEDERATE FROM 1862 - 1863 HE WAS SHOT IN SHOLIDER AND RENDERED UNFIT FOR DUTY - HE WAS LUCKY AS HIS FATHER WAS SHOT IN BACK THROUGH AN OPEN WINDOW BY ONE OF SLAVES -ISAIAH ROBERT DYER DIED INTESTATE ON 15 JAN 1857 IN RUTHERFORD CO TN ( HE WAS BURIED AT THE DYER CEMETERY IN RUTHERFORD COUNTY AT THE CEDERS WITH HIS WIFE AND FAMILY ) . HIS SON ISAIAH WASHINGTON MARRIED MARTHA ANNA FRANCIS " PUSS" GLENN ON 23 JAN 1860 AT RUTHERFORD CO, TN - ISAIAH WASSHINGTON DYER NEVER REALLY GOT BETTER AND DIED IN MAY 1888 AT THEIR HOME IN PATTERSON, RUTHERFORD COUNTY, TN - THEY HAD 68 ACRES WHEN HE DIED . ISAIAH WASHINGTON AND MARTHA HAD TEN CHILDREN - THE YOUNGEST WAS HERMAN ENGLISH DYER SR. , HE WASS BORN DURING TH NIGHT OF THE 27-28 ( BOTH FOUND IN RECORDS ) OF FEB 1882 NEAR OLD HICKORY IN SUMNER COOUNTY, TN - HE MARRIED FIRST TO MAGGIE BLTTON AND HAD FOUR CHILDREN - IN 1912 - HIS WIFE, DAUGHTER AND MOTHER DIED OF T.B. - HE WENT TO MURFREESBORO AND THEN TO LOUISVILLE, KY - HE WAS A STREET CAR DRIVER AND LOST A LEG IN AN ACCIDENT - HE OWNED 6 DINERS, 5 RENTAL HOUSES, A GROCERY STORE, A DANCE HALL, RENTAL CABINS AND SEVERAL OTHER THINGS BEFORE THE OHIO FLOOD OF 27 - HE MARRIED 24 JUNE 1918 TO DELLA ANN BURNETT
( 28 AUG 1895- LEITCHFIELD, GRAYSON CO KY - 3 AUG 1993 - NEW ALBANY FLOYD CO, KY ) DAUGHTER OF ANDERSON WARREN BERNARD BURNETT AND ADA BRUCE . HERMAN DIED 2 NOV 1938 AND HE AND IS WIFE ARE BURIED AT FAIRVIEW CEMETERY IN NEW ALABANY, IN -
(RIGHT ACROSS THE OHIO FROM LOUISVILLE ) - HERMAN HAD WITH OTHER ISSUE BY DELLA - LUCILLE MARIE DYER - BORN 9 APRIL 1923 AT ELIZABETH , HARRISON COUNTY, IN . - SHE MARRIED FIRST TO SHERMAN EMMITT WRIGHT - THE SON OF EDMOND MACK WRIGHT AND NACY CATHERINE FULTON IN 1939 - THE HARRISON COUNTY,IN COURT HOUSE BURNED AND THE MARRIAGE RECORDS ARE GONE . - THEY HAD TWO CHILDREN TOGETHER - THE OLDEST -
ANN KATHRYN WRIGHT IS MY MOMS MOM - SHE MARRIED BOTD MIDDLETON AND HAD MY MOM PENNY G. MIDDLETON AND SHE MARRIED RALPH BUSH AND HAD ME- SCOTT B. BUSH - I AM LOOKING FOR THE PARENTS OF SUSANNAH FISHER NASH AND THE PARENTS OF SARAH KIMBROUGH BOTH - . IT WAS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU . PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH . SCOTT B. BUSH - CUREFAN@ANGELFIRE.COM
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Patty "Gambill" Davis 23 Aug 2001 3:21AM GMT 
Judy Gambill Brice 9 Nov 2001 1:33AM GMT 
SCOTT B. BUSH 26 Nov 2001 2:10AM GMT 
Judy Gambill Brice 27 Nov 2001 12:32AM GMT 
SCOTT B. BUSH 27 Nov 2001 8:07AM GMT 
dneely163 27 Aug 2012 3:07AM GMT 
SCOTT B. BUSH 27 Nov 2001 10:17AM GMT 
Judy Brice 27 Nov 2001 9:00PM GMT 
SCOTT B. BUSH 28 Nov 2001 12:19AM GMT 
Caroleenp 31 Mar 2002 10:18PM GMT 
per page