Gamelins

Replies: 27

Re: Martin-Couture

Louise M. Martin (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2004 7:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin & Couture
Ken,

We have the least amount of definitive information on my paternal great great grandparents Nelson Martin and Adeline Suprenant (Soper). We found Keeseville NY church records with Alexis Martin and Henriette Couture as a couple and my cousin thinks they may be his parents but we've yet to find anything else to support the tie. Nelson and Adeline's last place of residence was Burlington VT and I've just received information yesterday saying they are buried in St. Joseph's Cemetery yet when I wrote to VT last year requesting death certificates, I received notification that they couldn't be found. I was hoping to get Nelson's parents from his death certificate.

My father was Nelson Alfred Martin, son of Frederick Nelson Martin and Mary Beatrice Basiliere.

My grandfather Frederick was son of Nelson Martin and Adeline Suprenant.
My grandmother Mary Beatrice was daughter of Frederick Louis Basiliere and Josephine Bergeron.

My great grandfather Frederick Louis was son of Ludger (Eugene) Basiliere and Odile Patenaude.
My great grandmother Josephine was daughter of Joseph Bergeron and Emelina La Baie.

I'm not sure of my great great grandfather Nelson's parents (Alexis Martin and Henriette Couture?).
My great great grandmother Adeline (also noted as Soper) was the daughter of Francois Xavier Suprenant and Marie Esther LaBonte.

How's that for a start? I have other possibilities at home in my notes via siblings of various people. I have seen Gamelin in my notes but not sure where. I will check when I get home later today. Any information you have would certainly be helpful.

Louise M. Martin
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ken Gamelin 3 May 2002 7:28PM GMT 
nini 12 Jan 2004 10:21PM GMT 
Ken Gamelin 13 Jan 2004 1:20AM GMT 
Louise M. Martin 13 Jan 2004 2:37PM GMT 
susanschwinn 23 Jun 2009 2:26PM GMT 
CHARLESGAMELI... 21 Sep 2009 12:37AM GMT 
gnlk1981 27 Sep 2012 5:36PM GMT 
joyness1 13 Oct 2012 11:32AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions