Search for content in message boards

Sam Gann Family

Replies: 5

Re: Sam Gann Family

Posted: 10 Sep 2002 3:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gann Bush
Hi, Linda. This is what my sister sent me. William Samuel Gann was married once before he married Louise Tollvier: Wlliam Samuel Gann married Louise Tolliver 04-12-1891 at Briartown in the Cherokee Nation, Indian Territory.

George Gann the oldest boy was killed at Dustin, Oklahoma.
Charley Gann's wife was named Minnie ( She spent most of her time in the insane asylum at Vinta). He had two children by her:
Charley Gann Jr. who lives in Tulsa Hazel Gann (The last I knew of her she was a long haul trucker)

Mollie Gann married Shelton Bush. Emma Penwell married Charles Lee Phillips. He was 49 and she was 16. Charles Phillips had been married before to Mollie Bush, the sister of
Shelton Bush. They had two Children 1.Virgil Phillips 2. Lucy Phillips. Emma Gann and Charles Phillips had three children that lived. 1. Eugene Phillips 2. Jefferson Phillips 3. Charles Olen Phillips Wlliam Samuel Gann then married Lucy Phillips making Emma Gann his mother-in-law. Her step-daughter Lucy was now her step mother. William Samuel Gann and Lucy Phillips had two children. 1. W1lliam Gann 2. Samuel Gann
Wlliam Gann died in 1925 and then Lucy Phillips Gann married my uncle Homer Penwell.

William Samuel Gann was born in 1869 in Conway County, Arkansas. W.S. Gann's father Was John Gann. His mother was Morning Sloan. John Gann married Morning Sloan (Masters, she had been married before) April 17th, 1859 in Conway County, Arkanas. Marriage Book 1 Page 180. John Gann died 1873 in Logan County, Arkansas. Morning Sloan Masters Gann died in Fort Smith, Sebastian County, Arkansas of consumptio (TB) in 1885. John Gann was born in 1815 in Clarke County, Georgia.

When I talked to Aunt Emma, she said that John Gann lived in Gadsden, Alabama and was married four times, and had 32 children. So, if it's a Gann in Gadsden, it is probably kin folk.

I am attaching a picture of Charlie Gann, William's Son and my mom.

Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
donberak 25 Jun 2002 8:29PM GMT 
chance143 10 Sep 2002 1:35PM GMT 
marilynnbush 10 Sep 2002 9:01PM GMT 
Linda 11 Sep 2002 12:52PM GMT 
Linda 22 Feb 2004 10:07PM GMT 
Linda 22 Feb 2004 10:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic