Search for content in message boards

Ciela GANO (w/o Henry BAINTER) parent and origin search

Replies: 3

Re: Ciela GANO (w/o Henry BAINTER) parent and origin search

Posted: 28 Feb 2012 6:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2012 7:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gano, Bainter
Not sure if Lorri is still interested in Celia but I will give it a shot in case someone else is.

I was looking for a possible connecting between Henry E. Gano b about 1824 in OH and my 3g gm Cynthia Hidy nee Gano. (I have a couple of new posts about her.)

Anyway Henry and Cynthia has some interesting connections. But according to what I have seen posted he was not one of her brothers. Here are some ideas on how he might connect to Cella (Celia?):

1850 census p 32, Union, Fayette Co, OH has Henry E. Gano b abt 1824 with Elizabeth Gano & Cyntha A. Gano age 1. They are also living with Cella Gano b abt 1827, Jackson b abt 1844, Phebe b abt 1846, Angelina b 1850 and Cyntha Gano b abt 1791 KY. I think the order of the children has some significance. It is very unusual not to order them oldest to youngest just below the parents. Putting Cella in the middle of the group is confusing. There is a tree in ancestry which claims she married a BAINTER. Then there are Lemaster's comments about her on his p 296 that she is Henry's sister and Angeline and "Anna?" are her daughters - very rare for a woman to have several kids with her maiden name; one I could see, but two? or three? Was Cella married to one of Henry's brothers and Jackson, Phebe and Angelina are her kids? See 1860 census below.

1860 census 58, Union, Fayette Co for Henry E. Gano and fam. New wife Mary Jane? Cynthia and other kids but none of Cella's kids. And where is Jackson - probably the A J Gano living with the JUDY fam next door! So is A J the son of Henry? Or is Cella dead by then and the kids spread to the relatives? Or did she marry a BAINTER?

1870 census 5, Union, Fayette Co, OH has Henry and fam. Census calls them Gaino miss-indexed Gannon. Wife Mary Jane. Child Caroline possibley a niece? No Cella or any of her kids around.

Ray Vick
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lorri French 16 Apr 2007 12:59PM GMT 
RayVick51 29 Feb 2012 1:24AM GMT 
LandisBender 17 Aug 2014 2:38PM GMT 
Lorri French 18 Aug 2014 4:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic