Search for content in message boards

Ganos of Bethlehem, NJ

Replies: 1

Ganos of Bethlehem, NJ

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 4:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gano, Case, Hoagland
I've been trying to sort out the many Ganos in Hunterdon County and how they are related by tracing them in census and civil war pension files. I noticed that there is a distinct line in Bethlehem township that are all descended from George Gano (1767-1849) married to Rachel Case. George has been attributed to William and Sarah Green Gano but he seems to have little in common with the other men (all of them remained in Alexandria) who are supposed to be his siblings. George and his sons are what I like to refer to as the tradesmen Ganos in contrast to the farming Ganos. I've also found a William Gano (b. 1772) in the 1850 Bethlehem census in the area where George Gano had property who could be a brother of George but he doesn't fit in to the William and Sarah Green line and I can't place him.
Since the puzzle pieces aren't quite fitting with this additional research, any help explaining this would be appreciated.
My line is Samuel (1792-1879) m to Margaret Hoagland Gano. I believe William b. 1772 could be his father and would like to find proof since this has been my brick wall.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
HelenFallon58 8 Jul 2012 10:25PM GMT 
1_bobby 12 Apr 2013 11:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions